Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Color codes in part numbers

ladder106

Question

Does anyone know how to decipher the Yamaha part numbers to get the correct color.

For example, if I want to replace the "Tenere 700" sticker on the front cowl for the Blue model do I order

BAU 2834C 00 00

or

BAU 2834C 10 00

or

BAU 2834C 20 00

For the large strip under tha Tenere 700 sticker the PNs are:

BAU 28391 00 00

or 

BAU 28391 10 00

or 

BAU 28391 20 00

So the only difference is the "00" - "10" or "20" designation in the PNs.  But I don't know which color relates to which number

Any PN experts out there??

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

I have no answer, but just want to second the confusion. I'm looking to order replacement side covers and no idea what color is which.

I can add some data to this question now.  I ordered replacement tank panels (left, right and center).  First because I wanted the white panels and second because I know from other bikes that Yamaha will not be building and painting these panels for long.  

Hard parts will continue to support the machine but plastic panels with factory paint will have a very limited run.  Try to find new panels for a 1988 Africa Twin, for example.  They are hugely expensive if available.

First, I have the USA model that is called "Blue Ice".  The color code sticker under the seat on the right side rear frame tube is:

BAU2-010

Next, I have discovered that the Red panels on the European bikes are different from those on the USA.  The USA "Red" panel is slightly Maroon in color (deeper and a bit purple) and is Metallic.  The european panel is a standard non-metallic Red.

I have received 3 tank panels from my dealer that are WHITE.  The part numbers are:

BAU-241B1-00-P3 ... center tank panel

BAU-2835U-00-P3 ... left side tank panel

BAU-2835V-00-P3 ... right side tank panel

A friend has also has replaced his White rear side panels.  He has the White/Red model.  His replacement White stickers are:

BAU-2173F-00  and BAU-2173E-00

I have other parts on order.  My dealer is working with me and says they will hold any incorrect colors for stock since they envision other riders requiring replacements in the future.

For now, it would be helpful if anyone receiving body panels could post their color, their home country and part numbers so we can develop some data in this area.

T7 paint code.jpg

Edited by ladder106
  • Like 1

I don't know about US but in europe you have full OEM parts catalog in public access. You just choose the bike and there are brakedown diagrams with all parts.

Competition White model is actually called Bluish white 😄 

Edited by didier

1 hour ago, ladder106 said:

I can add some data to this question now.  I ordered replacement tank panels (left, right and center).  First because I wanted the white panels and second because I know from other bikes that Yamaha will not be building and painting these panels for long.  

Hard parts will continue to support the machine but plastic panels with factory paint will have a very limited run.  Try to find new panels for a 1988 Africa Twin, for example.  They are hugely expensive if available.

First, I have the USA model that is called "Blue Ice".  The color code sticker under the seat on the right side rear frame tube is:

BAU2-010

Next, I have discovered that the Red panels on the European bikes are different from those on the USA.  The USA "Red" panel is slightly Maroon in color (deeper and a bit purple) and is Metallic.  The european panel is a standard non-metallic Red.

I have received 3 tank panels from my dealer that are WHITE.  The part numbers are:

BAU-241B1-00-P3 ... center tank panel

BAU-2835U-00-P3 ... left side tank panel

BAU-2835V-00-P3 ... right side tank panel

A friend has also has replaced his White rear side panels.  He has the White/Red model.  His replacement White stickers are:

BAU-2173F-00  and BAU-2173E-00

I have other parts on order.  My dealer is working with me and says they will hold any incorrect colors for stock since they envision other riders requiring replacements in the future.

For now, it would be helpful if anyone receiving body panels could post their color, their home country and part numbers so we can develop some data in this area.

Ladder, mine is the white and red, but that code on the frame is the same as yours. So that's probably NOT the color code. 

Mine says:
BAU2-010
D

So maybe the D (instead of A on yours) says something about color? Seems oddly short for a color code.  I'm at a loss still.

I think my solution is to just call the parts seller and not try to order online :-) 

Right.  The owners manual says this is the model number sticker.  Possibly the letter code refers to country?

The parts guys at two dealers I've talked to seem about as confused as I am.

Going to keep trying.  Will list the PNs of the next delivery I receive sometime this week.

4 minutes ago, ladder106 said:

Right.  The owners manual says this is the model number sticker.  Possibly the letter code refers to country?

The parts guys at two dealers I've talked to seem about as confused as I am.

Going to keep trying.  Will list the PNs of the next delivery I receive sometime this week.

Nah, I'm in California like you, and bike was bought here, so letter means something else.

Ahhh.  Ok.  Well that's interesting at least.  "Dutchbike" made me assume Netherlands or Germany.

More information.  I recently  received the correct color side stickers for my  bike.

I went to "shopyamaha.com" and over to the "parts" section.  Here, you will find other codes after the part numbers.  To the best of my  knowledge, I believe the following to be accurate:

Go to "shopyamaha.com" and look for the parts page. In these PNs you will find the following codes listed after the PN. BWP1 = White/Red...MBL2 = Blue....MDNM6 = Gray/Black. How these abbreviation relate to real words or color descriptions I haven't figured out yet other than "W" for White, "BL" for Blue....maybe. These are accurate to the best of my knowledge and I've already received Red/White panels and the correct side stickers.

• Like 1

Yamaha never used to be this goofy....

Ceramic Ice??  (Blue/Black in the real world)

Intensity White??  (White/Red in the real world)

Matte Black??  (Flat Black, OK this made sense)

Their color codes are even less descriptive!!!

They must must hire artsy fartsy college kids to label this stuff.

The same type that incorporated the "Just In Time" supply lines.

A just-in-time supply chain is one that moves material just before it's needed in the manufacturing process. The technique reduces the need to store excessive levels of materials in a warehouse, and it works best when each operation is closely synchronized with the subsequent operations

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

A few more data points now.  At least as it relates to USA part numbers.

I can state for a fact that the front side panel coloured stickers are as follows:

BAU 28392 -20.....Grey

"                 -10..... Red

"                 -00..... Blue

From the Yamaha part site as stated above, I assumed that "-20 for MBL2" was the Blue Ice but the sticker that arrived was Grey

I ordered the "-00 for MDMN6" and finally got the Blue stickers.

I've now convetred my "Ceramic Ice" T7 to have the white front panels from the Intensity White (white/red) bike but retain the Blue rear panels and Blue rims  from the "Ceramic Ice" bike but with white rear panel stickers from the "Intensity White" (white/red) model.  The white front panels now have the Blue sticker from the "Ceramic Ice" model.

A photo will help

T7 White.jpg

• Like 5

I bought a blue/white bike but really wanted to get a black one, the dealer had no idea when they'd get another in stock and couldn't order a specific color at the time, so I thought maybe I could just order different colored panels/parts after the fact. I just ordered one of each of part #13 in the "Cowling 2" diagram, the sticker on the left side that says "Tenere 700"  to try to sort this out. Ordered from Partzilla.

This is what showed up:

BAU-2834C-00: Silver T/7, white accent lettering. This matches the sticker on my bike, the blue/white model.

BAU-2834C-10: Black T/7, maroon accent lettering, looks like for maybe the red/white bike?

BAU-2834C-20: What. The. @*^&?! Sky blue T/7, green accent lettering

Now I'm even more confused than before. What the hell, Yamaha?

Anyone with a black bike in the US want to trade the panels and stuff for a blue/white one? Willing to travel to you to do the panel swap. Getting tired of this godawful paint code mess.

t7-graphics.jpg

And I just found this on Yamaha Europe's website (notice the actual paint codes in the selections):

paint_codes.thumb.JPG.2908c1ac38b633047e50c9e74c80ee97.JPG

"Ceramic Ice" (Blue?) - MDNM6

"Competition White" (Red?) - BWCM

"Power Black" (Black?) - MBL2

Also: Looks like the European parts site lets you order by color code, maybe I'll try ordering those part #s from an American supplier. See here: https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/services/yamaha-offers-you/parts-catalogue/#/ - I unfortunately can't link directly to the parts page as it seems to break the site. But if you're familiar with how the US sites work, this one has a slight difference where you pick the bike color before going into the diagrams pages:

image.thumb.png.2a59adf45cf08b33d0fc756f738aff00.png

It seems the "maybe the letter indicates paint code on the sticker?" theory might be correct. Notice color type listed as "A", "B", & "C", but also more usefully, paint names.

Crucially, the graphics/emblems page is completely separate and shows only part #s for the paint code selected (here Matte Black 2, MBL2 selected):

image.thumb.png.8ffe8b07ba71227a2efb9ee346009465.png

Edited by lichtwolf

Thanks for that.  The paint codes on the Euro site confirm my latest data.

Finally got it sorted out.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info in this thread. I’ve used it to make a small order. Ill report back when I receive it if its worked out. However the items are on B/O until march. 

• Moderators
On 6/11/2021 at 4:48 PM, ladder106 said:

A few more data points now.  At least as it relates to USA part numbers.

I can state for a fact that the front side panel coloured stickers are as follows:

BAU 28392 -20.....Grey

"                 -10..... Red

"                 -00..... Blue

From the Yamaha part site as stated above, I assumed that "-20 for MBL2" was the Blue Ice but the sticker that arrived was Grey

I ordered the "-00 for MDMN6" and finally got the Blue stickers.

I've now convetred my "Ceramic Ice" T7 to have the white front panels from the Intensity White (white/red) bike but retain the Blue rear panels and Blue rims  from the "Ceramic Ice" bike but with white rear panel stickers from the "Intensity White" (white/red) model.  The white front panels now have the Blue sticker from the "Ceramic Ice" model.

A photo will help

T7 White.jpg

Looks damn cool mate.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• Moderators

2022 color codes.

I received these charts from MSP in Europe, but appear to be universal for the T700 base model.  Be sure to double check that this reference is valid for your particular model as if you end up with the wrong color, don't shoot the messenger! 

image001.png

image002.png

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS