Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Daylight and stop lights

Tenefranz700

Hello, i just bought some chiappa blinkers from amazon that also function as daylights and stop lights. I installed the relais and the blinkers and they work properly, but I cant find out where to connect the cable for the permanent lights (white cable) and for the stop lights (red cable) can anyone explain how to do it? Thank you a lot 

https://www.amazon.com/Acelane-Motorcycle-Indicator-Blinkers-Motorbike/dp/B087CKMV7C/ref=mp_s_a_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=led+blinkers+motorcycle&qid=1619722278&sprefix=led+bli&sr=8-15

My problem is, and I didn't specify if, that I live in Italy so I have the European model. I only have 2 pins in the front, thank you for the quick reply tho

There is lots of switched power up in the front, so could also just pull from that as well

They do not, on the blinkers instructions they say to take the power output from the original running lights or the display, but I really have 0 experience in electrical stuff and I don't want to mess my baby up ahah

1 minute ago, Dakota said:

There is lots of switched power up in the front, so could also just pull from that as well

Any suggestions? The blinker cable is pretty short and on the sides I cannot see many cables

Assuming you've already pulled off the side covers, you'll see that there are a total of 4 connecters (one is already in use by the stock cig lighter plug) The other 3 should have switched power, and you can just pull from there. 

Power Leads for Aux Light Connector (DIY aux lights etc) should be super helpful for you, although maybe a little overkill for just running lights. 

This may also be helpful. Looks like a US bike but still some stuff you could pull from

Sending some video links that may show you some of the electrical connectors you'll encounter.