Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Ohio USA

hawk45

Hi all! Long time rider looking for a new bike. My stable is old so looking for a do-all bike from this century. T7 looks really good. 

• Like 2

T7 is a good all rounder, you will have a hard time finding one prolly. Where roughly in Ohio are you?

Mike

• Like 1

Hey @MikeCMP.  I'm down in Cincinnati area.   Yeah, there aren't any on showroom local.  Expect I'll have to put in some miles to locate one in showroom or just put an order in with my local dealer and wait.

I had to drive 2 hours to get mine. Had a 1978 Honda CX500, then a Super Tenere, now the T7, having a modern bike that is simple is pretty nice.

Good luck on getting one - If you were closer you could have come checked mine out 🙂

Mike

• Like 1

2 hrs would be a good break-in ride :-).  I saw a few up north near Cleveland so that may be an option if they are still around and not jerking me around on fees.

Question since you mentioned it... how do you like the T7 vs the Super T10?

There are a few things I miss from the S10, the geometry was good and was pretty comfy except for the seat, good standing position with risers. Power feels about the same between the two, the S10 was decent of road but I really like the T7 better in the dirt. On the road, or moreover the highway, the S10 was a better bike, and easier to load up with more luggage, for better or worse.

I really like the T7 though, I have taken it on some trails I would be afraid to take my dirt bike on and I made it. Its a great bike and a lot of fun to ride!

It makes me think I could get rid of my dirt bike, honestly. 

Mike

• Like 1

My,2 cents. Don’t get rid of old rides if you can keep new ones secret from your wife.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, gone2seed said:

My,2 cents. Don’t get rid of old rides if you can keep new ones secret from your wife.

Wife: How many motorcycles does a man need?

Husband: Just one more. 

• Haha 1