Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Aurora Rally tower for the T7

iKeoxD

Hey guys and gals going to share this, i just found units start from $1,995.00, i was looking through youtube and found a rally tower for the T7 and thought hey some people might find this usefull so here goes...

T700 Rally kit installation video

Facebook

Website

WEB-66-1200x800.thumb.jpg.c12ae3d85aa11eed8108040642471223.jpg

index.thumb.png.707e03092ed489dcced7e13aa0dc12fb.png

index2.thumb.png.a8637d31e8d243cf889d07324506d487.png

Edited by iKeoxD

I know lots of us are banging a lot of money into our T7s but there's a place to draw the line.  $2K is a lot to ask for minimal addtional functionality, especially when that same money could easily go into something like suspension or upgraded wheels - or, barring T7 upgrades, nearly half of a new CRF300L or similar.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GreatDistances said:

I know lots of us are banging a lot of money into our T7s but there's a place to draw the line.  $2K is a lot to ask for minimal addtional functionality, especially when that same money could easily go into something like suspension or upgraded wheels - or, barring T7 upgrades, nearly half of a new CRF300L or similar.

I agree. I watched the whole install video then checked the price. 

The only way I could justify the price would be if if dropped a decent amount of weight off the bike but it doesn't. 

1 hour ago, mpatch said:

I agree. I watched the whole install video then checked the price. 

The only way I could justify the price would be if if dropped a decent amount of weight off the bike but it doesn't. 

Wait I thought the whole point of it was weight reduction... Ya know... For like serious rallies or something?

Hi All,
This is my first post to the forum, 🙏

My name is Dimitri and I am one of the engineers of the Aurora Rally Equipment. Got across the thread, so just to add a bit to the knowledge pool, while we are trying our best to update the website. Current situation and back log are holding us a bit back...
I know that looks are subjective, and I will not try to ''defend'' the price of the kit nor the looks or use, everybody is free to spend their money wherever they think they fit, in suspension, travel bags etc. 
Aurora is not very well known in the Yamaha crowd, but it has been in the rally field since 2013  with multiple victories both in Dakar and Africa Eco race. It is a common misconception that the rally bikes need to be feather light and I am positive that no proper rally kit for the T700 will decrease the weight unless you go full Carbon Fiber, which will bring the costs of a proper kit to € 3-€4k at minimum. Yamaha made a super job to keep the weight down, and whoever has stripped the front of the bike will have seen that it is all plastic. It's next to impossible to get something made of aluminium and be lighter. But we tried our best to stay as close as possible to the OEM values. And with the Carbon Fiber side panels the kit is 250 - 800 grams heavier than the whole stock of the bike (depending on the configuration chosen).  If need be we can go lighter and compromise on side panel reliability for racing, but would not do unless asked.

We owned the bike since 2019 and we tried to find how to improve the functionality of the bike in various areas that we found interesting.
So what does the kit include, can be seen in the video, it's a full CNC tower, fairing brackets, and side fairings that replace the whole side of the bike. Why this was done and why it is better than the stock though?

• The flexibility of the front is eliminated and the rider can add multiple units, however large these may be. Two GPSs, a phone and a GPS, a large tablet, a full rally gear with roadbook and trips, all are possible combinations keeping the OEM speedo on the bike.
  • Ergonomics. As the front is moved forward, the instruments are placed higher allowing for easier reading for standing or sitting positions.
  • Easier access for cleaning and maintenance for off road / racing. T700 has a very complex assembly system, the side panels can be removed with 3-4 bolts (3 bolts and one 1/4 turn or 4 bolts) allowing quicker services both during regular maintenance but also during racing, panel replacement or just cleaning the bike.
  • Better adjustability of the light unit. The LED clamp in the tower allows the light to adjusted in a broader range.
  • Better protection of the tank/radiator  during a crash/fall.  The side panels cover the tank and they are extended further forward from the radiator so that both are better protected. Further to that they are attached in stainless steel brackets which will bend, giving better chances of survival during a crash.
  • The whole top part of the tower can be removed, the OEM speedo can be placed on the bars and that allows for a true minimal front if the riders want to take the bike to technical terrain and need maximum visibility on the front.

I know that these are points that some riders will never need, and I am fully aware of that, I just wanted to lay out the ideas that we had and what else will be coming. High fender, skid plate, exhaust and rally seat are in development (working with the Acrapovic and SC solutions) and rear tanks are being developed as we speak. There will be a full line of accessories of the bike, but being the size that we are, more of a Rally studio laboratory rather than Touratech, things take a bit of time...

Sorry for the long post, I hope the above make sense, and I am glad that the T7 is around, for me it's something of the modern 640 Adventure that I personally own

T7 Twins.jpeg

01_Rally_a (Large).jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the update...clearly a lot of work and research has gone into the project! Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2021 at 1:09 PM, 640 Armageddon said:

Hi All,
This is my first post to the forum, 🙏

My name is Dimitri and I am one of the engineers of the Aurora Rally Equipment. Got across the thread, so just to add a bit to the knowledge pool, while we are trying our best to update the website. Current situation and back log are holding us a bit back...
I know that looks are subjective, and I will not try to ''defend'' the price of the kit nor the looks or use, everybody is free to spend their money wherever they think they fit, in suspension, travel bags etc. 
Aurora is not very well known in the Yamaha crowd, but it has been in the rally field since 2013  with multiple victories both in Dakar and Africa Eco race. It is a common misconception that the rally bikes need to be feather light and I am positive that no proper rally kit for the T700 will decrease the weight unless you go full Carbon Fiber, which will bring the costs of a proper kit to € 3-€4k at minimum. Yamaha made a super job to keep the weight down, and whoever has stripped the front of the bike will have seen that it is all plastic. It's next to impossible to get something made of aluminium and be lighter. But we tried our best to stay as close as possible to the OEM values. And with the Carbon Fiber side panels the kit is 250 - 800 grams heavier than the whole stock of the bike (depending on the configuration chosen).  If need be we can go lighter and compromise on side panel reliability for racing, but would not do unless asked.

We owned the bike since 2019 and we tried to find how to improve the functionality of the bike in various areas that we found interesting.
So what does the kit include, can be seen in the video, it's a full CNC tower, fairing brackets, and side fairings that replace the whole side of the bike. Why this was done and why it is better than the stock though?

• The flexibility of the front is eliminated and the rider can add multiple units, however large these may be. Two GPSs, a phone and a GPS, a large tablet, a full rally gear with roadbook and trips, all are possible combinations keeping the OEM speedo on the bike.
  • Ergonomics. As the front is moved forward, the instruments are placed higher allowing for easier reading for standing or sitting positions.
  • Easier access for cleaning and maintenance for off road / racing. T700 has a very complex assembly system, the side panels can be removed with 3-4 bolts (3 bolts and one 1/4 turn or 4 bolts) allowing quicker services both during regular maintenance but also during racing, panel replacement or just cleaning the bike.
  • Better adjustability of the light unit. The LED clamp in the tower allows the light to adjusted in a broader range.
  • Better protection of the tank/radiator  during a crash/fall.  The side panels cover the tank and they are extended further forward from the radiator so that both are better protected. Further to that they are attached in stainless steel brackets which will bend, giving better chances of survival during a crash.
  • The whole top part of the tower can be removed, the OEM speedo can be placed on the bars and that allows for a true minimal front if the riders want to take the bike to technical terrain and need maximum visibility on the front.

I know that these are points that some riders will never need, and I am fully aware of that, I just wanted to lay out the ideas that we had and what else will be coming. High fender, skid plate, exhaust and rally seat are in development (working with the Acrapovic and SC solutions) and rear tanks are being developed as we speak. There will be a full line of accessories of the bike, but being the size that we are, more of a Rally studio laboratory rather than Touratech, things take a bit of time...

Sorry for the long post, I hope the above make sense, and I am glad that the T7 is around, for me it's something of the modern 640 Adventure that I personally own

T7 Twins.jpeg

01_Rally_a (Large).jpg

Thanks for this @640 Armageddon. I'm interested in this but have the Yamaha OEM crashbars fitted to my T7. Could you please advise whether the Aurora Rally Tower is compatible with the crashbar mounting under the headlight?

Thanks, James