Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Side stand bypass

UtahJack

Does anybody know of a SIDESTAND SWITCH DELETE / BYPASS PLUG available in the U.S.?

The one sold by T7 Rally is very nice, but a $6.95 part with a cost of $29 to get it here is a little much.

I ordered one for my bike back in June and because of other parts I had ordered it shipped free, well now I would like to get one for my wife's bike but I don't want to pay the $29 to get it here.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

I bought the one from T7 rally. 30$ for shipping, and another 15-20$ in toll and handling by DHL. Crazy!

Just by the plug from eastern beaver and  jump it or even better cut the plug off and just connect the wires. 

I bought this one when the T7 Rally one was backordered for ages.  $18.90 US with free shipping.  It works, I have it installed on my bike.

s-l400.jpg

<p> The Side Stand Switch Eliminator by SmartMoto is a plug and play device that bypasses the standard side stand switch and fools the ECU that it is in place.  **TAP FOR MORE INFO AND MODEL COMPATIBILITY**...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Offcamber said:

...or even better cut the plug off and just connect the wires. 

This^^^

There’s nothing magical going on down there, it’s just a switch. These bypass plug manufacturers are laughing their asses off every time they make a sale...$30 mark-up on a 10cent, 10 minute, DIY fix...

• Like 2

I wanted to order the T7 Rally swingarm protector and threw their side stand switch plug in with it.  $42.30 shipping.  Not to mention the currency conversion fee.  So much for that idea.  

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone point me to the correct connector to make a DIY bypass plug?

20 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

Worth considering before neutering the thing.

Thanks! Not really looking to neuter but to plug it up 😛