Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adapting Givi grt705 tankbag to T7

nolman

Hi,

I choose this tankbag because of the perfect size, great fit for the T7, simpel  and most of all completely waterproof without having to use a raincover.

What i don't like: the non standard red side release clips, the harnas,... in short the way it attaches.

Also the sturdy insert gets pulled up when you strap the bag down so the zipper doesn't close easely, due to the connections being in the middel of the bag height.

So let's customize in a way that mounting takes 5 seconds, the connections stay on the bike, no loose straps.

1. glue velcro inside the corners of the bag and on the sturdy insert to stop it from moving around.

2. remove all original buckles and straps.

3. get common 25mm side release buckles with one side open so it can be slipped on the strap. (i always replace all the buckles on all my gear by the same ones, so they are compatible and i only need to carry one spare to fix them all)

get some black 25mm strap and elastic band. get 2 plastic squares with an opening to connect straps.

5. sew a male-female buckle strap with 3 elastic sewn bands to retain the leftover strap.

6. sew a female buckle to a short piece of strap, sew the strap tripple at the end, burn a hole in the middle of it that fits a bolt.

Remove the plastic clips on the front upper side of the fairing and insert the bolt, and add washers and nut with nylon.

7. strap a mail buckle to the mounting point on the side with plastic straps

You can leave the long straps on the bag, take them of, or diagonally connect them with the short ones on the bike.

DSC_0252.thumb.JPG.40a00254f2dd1d8037db17bd77d86501.JPG 

DSC_0237.JPG

DSC_0238.JPG

DSC_0244.JPG

DSC_0245.JPG

DSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0248 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0250.JPG

DSC_0251 - Copy.JPG

Edited by nolman
  • Like 3

With the rear straps where you have them     the angle they put tension on the bag is all wrong. Every strap type tank bag I’ve owned the straps need to go down and back otherwise the bag won’t work right or be properly secured. 

Thanks for your concern,

I can assure you the bag is immovable and very securely strapped.

I went riding all day on and off road and had no problems at all, didn't move an inch.

DSC_0256.JPG

Edited by nolman
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, nolman said:

Thanks for your concern,

I can assure you the bag is immovable and very securely strapped.

I went riding all day on and off road and had no problems at all, didn't move an inch.

DSC_0256.JPG

That pic looks better. The other pic it looked like rear straps were forward of the buckles on the bag by a decent amount.