Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

K Tech Suspension Fork Piston Kit

JDCooper

Part number 118-200-020-016

Anyone installed these in the US ?  I can't find a suspension shop who will handle it.  Does anyone have a recommendation as to who I could use (preferably East of the Mississippi)?

Edited by JDCooper

GMD Computrack Boston has done this kit on a friend of mine’s T7 and will be doing it to mine over the winter. 
Call and ask for Peter Kates. Tell him Adam Bagdon sent you 😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Follow up:  GMD Computrack Boston installed the mod with springs appropriate for my weight. Their turnaround was very expeditious and the forks are much improved over stock. They have earned my best recommendation for those of you considering this mod.  I also used the K Tech rear shock revalve kit and spring. This suspension mod has been the best money I've spent on the bike (other than the infernal seat replacement). 

• Like 3

Don´t know anout the part numbers.

I´ve got K-tech springs front and back, no additional spacers as the springs were a few mm longer than the origanal ones.

Front fork. I replaced the valves to the K-Tec ones and changed the oil from wt10 to wt 7,5.

It´s a lot better now but not perfect for every condition.

Riding on gravel roads, it´s very good but high speed chatter is still a concern, I can dial it out but then it will suffer on better roads.

I have soften it more and more, and now it will bottom out if I hit at big rock or something like thar, otehwise it feels just wright for shat I need the suspension to do.

If I lived in Australia and did more high speed riding in different terrains I might reconsider, but for what I´m doing, the suspension is not what s holding me back.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 12:26 AM, JDCooper said:

Follow up:  GMD Computrack Boston installed the mod with springs appropriate for my weight. Their turnaround was very expeditious and the forks are much improved over stock. They have earned my best recommendation for those of you considering this mod.  I also used the K Tech rear shock revalve kit and spring. This suspension mod has been the best money I've spent on the bike (other than the infernal seat replacement). 

Did you tell them I sent you?? haha. 

Baggey: Yes I did!

He said you owe him money...

only kidding...

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/18/2021 at 7:26 AM, JDCooper said:

Part number 118-200-020-016

Anyone installed these in the US ?  I can't find a suspension shop who will handle it.  Does anyone have a recommendation as to who I could use (preferably East of the Mississippi)?

Do you still recommend now that you've had for a few months? I'm thinking of having a shop install k-tech upgrades to both shock and forks and it would be great to get some updated feedback. Thanks

Edited by palada

Palada

Yes, I do. I weigh 235 and consequently maxed out the preload. A spring change of that magnitude would have left the bike under damped in rebound. The suspension is lots less chattery in rough terrain,  and there’s no way I’ll bottom the shock now.  When you ‘bounce’ up and down on the seat, the response is balanced front and back, and the rate of compression and rebound is matched fore-and-aft.  If I had it to do again I might spend the extra dosh and go Ohlins front and rear.  I’ve become a big believer in spending my farkle $$’s on suspension upgrades.  But now it’s waaaaay better than stock. Money well spent, and probably the best bang for the buck out there.

• Like 2