Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Comparo: Wr250R, Tenere 700, Super Tenere

Boondocker

Check out the CamelADV clutch arm - makes a big difference 9for me anyway).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PaulCave said:

Check out the CamelADV clutch arm - makes a big difference 9for me anyway).

Thanks for the tip. I'm sporting the CamelADV skid plate and am inclined to support this vendor.

Great comparison.  Like you I have also owned both WR 250R and super T.  After a year and 5000 miles on T7 I sold both big and small yamy.   Keep a 300 2 stroke around for the days I don't feel my age (65).  Still difficult to believe the T7 could replace two bikes but it certainly does for my world and them some! 

• Like 2

@Zola - The Super Ténéré is our 2-up tourer. A few years ago Mrs. Boondocker and I toured Idaho featuring about half of the Idaho BDR. Getting to the Blue Cabin was quite a challenge and the Lolo Motorway was a nice ride.

As a motorcyclist, may I say that's it's completely unfair that you get to live in Lolo, Mt. 

Ride report posted on that big ADV site: 2-Up on the Idaho BDR

Edited by Boondocker
word

• 1 month later...

That's a wonderful comparison thanks for posting.

I previously owned a '08 WR250R, and now own a '16 S10, so your info is particularly useful to me.

I’m probably going to install a Rekluse clutch on mine at some point. They are great pieces of technology. I finally put one on the dirt bike and have to say I like it more than I thought I would. 

RadiusX-Hayabusa-RMS-6306000A-2.jpg

RadiusX is a high performance centrifugal auto clutch combining our TorqDrive and EXP technologies. TorqDrive provides more clutch disks in less space...