Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hard start after a ride

twowheeltherapy

My bike has less than 100 miles on it, reflashed CDI by 2 Wheel Dyno Works.  Rode it for 15 minutes this morning, stopped and had some coffee, bike took a while to start.  Just kept cranking but then started.  Rode it for 30 minutes or so, pulled it into the garage, tried to start it just to check and it immediately started.  Let it sit for 10 minutes, hard start again.  Any ideas on what could be the culprit?

• 2 months later...

Common issue. Make sure you carefully turn key ALL the way to on. It is easy to think it is on when it is a fraction shy of being fully on. Will crank but not start.

Don't ask how I know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TexasT700 said:

Common issue. Make sure you carefully turn key ALL the way to on. It is easy to think it is on when it is a fraction shy of being fully on. Will crank but not start.

Don't ask how I know.

My signal lights quit recently after I stopped to pick up some milk.  When I got home I simply shut the beast off and turned the key back on again and the signals worked.  Haven't had a problem since.  Same thing as not starting?  Maybe the key cylinder is not seated in the exact little picky spot it needs to be in.  There is no real fix for this I suspect.