Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

The T7 is on Yamaha's US web site

I just read the title and spit perfectly good beer up all over my laptop.  

I have access to a really good CNC/Fabrication shop whenever I want and when I can get my hands on a T7, there will be a ton of really good custom parts available on here. i already have the ecommerce software ready to launch, just waiting for a bike to tear apart and start engineering parts. 

1. Looking at pics, Im drawing up a rough draft high fender kit that will correct the stock front brake line issue

2. A rear rack that will accomodate fuel cans, but not break the bank.

3. Longterm project, different rear sets. 

4. Saddle bag mounts that will accept most any brand of bags, but at an affordable price point. 

5. A mail in front fork revalve/respring service will be launched. (My bro in law does racebike/motocross/street bike suspension and he is really, really good).  When you order, packaging will be sent to you to use. 

Im sure we will find other needs and create many other parts for the T7. We will be the world's source for custom/affordable parts for the T7.  

• Like 4

Put my deposit down at my dealership today! The dealer owner is at the release convention right now and they got the go ahead to start taking orders......CALL YOUR DEALER!

48 minutes ago, Tattoosleeve said:

Put my deposit down at my dealership today! The dealer owner is at the release convention right now and they got the go ahead to start taking orders......CALL YOUR DEALER!

Did he say when the bike will be released?  Anymore info like that?

I'm waiting to hear back on delivery dates. Hoping that they are moving forward from fall but can't say either way yet. They did announce and MSRP at $11,999 CAD, which is like $4500 less than I was expecting based on UK and AUS pricing.

38 minutes ago, Tattoosleeve said:

I'm waiting to hear back on delivery dates. Hoping that they are moving forward from fall but can't say either way yet. They did announce and MSRP at $11,999 CAD, which is like $4500 less than I was expecting based on UK and AUS pricing.

@PNWTEN is at the AIM Expo right now and he said that the Yamaha reps don't know anything about release date. LAst I heard was one year from now for the USA, so if they are gonna release it sooner, we will be very very pleased. 

$11,999 CAD would be 9043.65 USD in the USA!  IF that is the case then they are gonna sell a whole shetload of those bikes here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tattoosleeve said:

Also, there isn't even a model on display at Aim Expo. Im not saying to not put down a deposit, just be prepared that it may be a full year before you get your bike. 

Yeah, all documentation before today said fall 2020. I'm just hopping to be pleasantly surprised with an earlier date like I was with the cheaper price. My dealer said they are taking "limited quantity" of pre-orders so I wanted to get my money down now so I didn't have to wait until later than fall 2020. Who knows if that's just fear of loss salesmanship or not but I have a pretty good relationship with the local dealership so I suspect it's accurate. I was actually looking at getting the XSR 700 in the spring because I was expecting the Tenere to be almost double the cost but at that much of a difference I can wait.

Edited by Tattoosleeve

That is exciting to hear. We will be spoilt for choice in a year or two.

I am on a mission to get the weight where the Tenere can double as my enduro bike. Much of the Tenere is built to last, but some weight could be shed off if we are prepared to sacrifice some of that durability. An example worth thinking about  is a tail tidy that doubles as a small stowage area. The rear tail of the Tenere weighs a lot, about 3.5 kgs or nearly 8lb. We could replace that whole assembly with a more enduro style rear mudguard and tail light. This one piece guard could be extended forward under the seat to form an extended storage down nearly to the rear shock. It would replace the existing black guard that you can see in this image, and the storage would be accessed from under the seat.  You could put your tools in the bottom near the shock and maybe even stow a small fuel bladder. 

952592026_T700UnderSeat.jpg.15b62bc91c786418fee86548c64ceccb.jpg

Another idea is a bash plate with two strong and flexible forks that extend back almost to and alongside the back tire, and curve downward. These hold two teflon sliders about an inch wide that extend from the front of the bash plate back to the tips of the two forks. The idea is that when hopping over obstacles the bike will slide on these teflon plates and the two flexible forks will help the back of the bike rise up for the back wheel to get traction to climb or slide over the obstacle.  With some thought, these might also double as a temporary centre stand with a hinge in the right place.

Just getting creative here...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2019 at 8:35 AM, Dan said:

I can hardly wait!

Dan,

you're going to really enjoy the T7 in NE !

Get your reservation in.

51 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

Dan,

you're going to really enjoy the T7 in NE !

Get your reservation in.

Is there an official way to get a reservation in?

I just went down to my local dealer and put down 500 deposit, so I'm in line.

The Yamaha 'pre-order' site  is supposed to open around March / April.

When that happens, get in contact with your dealer to make sure they put in the order.

After that, you should be having fun on a T7 by July.

💥

T7_USABLE_PHOTOSHOP_IMG.jpeg

2 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

I just went down to my local dealer and put down 500 deposit, so I'm in line.

The Yamaha 'pre-order' site  is supposed to open around March / April.

When that happens, get in contact with your dealer to make sure they put in the order.

After that, you should be having fun on a T7 by July.

I really hope this is not true. How would you feel if there are 10,000 pre-orders that take 12 months to be supplied and your dealer is a day late getting your order in? In Canada you can register to guarantee your place in the list now, and that is how it should be done.

5 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

I really hope this is not true. How would you feel if there are 10,000 pre-orders that take 12 months to be supplied and your dealer is a day late getting your order in? In Canada you can register to guarantee your place in the list now, and that is how it should be done.

Sounds even better. I agree, I don't want to rely on the dealer, but I'm not 100% positive how the process works. I signed up for Yamaha notifications with my email (link below:) (Dan you should sign up here as well).

and that should let me know (early) when the 'On-line reservation'

portal opens. It  _appears_  the on-line reservation portal is 'how you get in line'. Can you explain how the process works in Canada?  Do you order through the portal and pick your dealer or is it just a reservation? I already have a 'paper contract' with my dealer and a deposit down.

What method exactly are you using to 'register to Get In Line' in Canada? Was it the 'on-line reservation'  ????

Edited by ADVUSA

48 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

Sounds even better. I agree, I don't want to rely on the dealer, but I'm not 100% positive how the process works. I signed up for Yamaha notifications with my email (link below:) (Dan you should sign up here as well).

and that should let me know (early) when the 'On-line reservation'

portal opens. It  _appears_  the on-line reservation portal is 'how you get in line'. Can you explain how the process works in Canada?  Do you order through the portal and pick your dealer or is it just a reservation? I already have a 'paper contract' with my dealer and a deposit down.

What method exactly are you using to 'register to Get In Line' in Canada? Was it the 'on-line reservation'  ????

Apologies if it sounded like I was correcting you, I actually think you are correct, but Yamaha USA may be creating a problem by not managing the priority of the orders now. I am Australian so only have the web to go on, but below are the Canadian details for pre-registering your order. You do it through the dealer and they (immediately) put you in the queue for priority delivery. Interestingly it even states early summer delivery, but that will get interesting if the orders out-number the available bikes.

It is worth reiterating the experience of some European buyers that placed orders with their dealers months in advance only to have to get back in the queue on the 1st of April when the web ordering system opened and then had to confirm again with their dealer. Some dealers were then slow to put the orders in so ended up missing the first July shipment and had to wait till September after their summer break.

I really dont know what you can do about it except talk to your dealer and make sure they put your order in immediately the order system opens.  

T700 Early Deposit.jpg

• Thanks 1

ADVUSA:

(Dan you should sign up here as well).

Thanks. I did sign up there. I don't have a lot of confidence in my not-so-local dealer who is closest to me, but I contacted them a while ago, plus the link above. It'd be nice to be able to just send money or something.

Anytime.  Keep an eye out for the Yamaha emails / reservation system to open. As soon as that happens plan a trip to your dealer with a deposit and a pen. 

DRAFT_YOUR_BIKE_11.16.2019.jpg