Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High exhaust and soft luggage

Renegade96

Is anyone using soft luggage with the Camel ADV high exhaust?

Are there any slim pannier racks that will work with Wolfman panniers?

My T7 came with the Rally Raid side luggage racks installed. I tried fitting my Wolfman Expedition bags to each rack, and found they easily mounted up because the Rally Raid racks with their multiple cut-outs, etc., allow for numerous positioning options of each Expedition bag's four attachment loops.

I'm also considering mounting the Expedition bags to Wolfman's B-Base (I've confirmed they'll work), which would make installation and removal of the whole luggage set-up quicker and easier.  

20210430_164641.jpg

20210430_164615.jpg

Edited by jdub53

I was looking for the same slim racks that would work with my wolfman panniers.

The best option I found was the ride adv racks from australia. 850.00 shipped.

Didn't want to spend that much so fabricated these with a set of old wolfman hoops.

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2698.JPG

• Like 3

Adventure Spec Side racks would work as well but they are a little short top to bottom.  You'll need to attach the top of your panniers to side grab handles or a rear rack setup.  AS side and rear rack would work.  

You can mix and match some side racks like the Rally Raid and AS with other brands of rear rack but you'll need spacers or a good bit of creativity.

I run Kreiga panniers ( OS18's) but I have the older circa 2010 Wolfman Expedition Saddle bags that used their Velcro D-rings or racks to attach.  Those fit too but I haven't used them for travels yet.

Their newer stuff would work with the AS Side and Rear rack setup.

J

Edited by Goldentaco

• 2 months later...
On 5/25/2021 at 11:30 AM, jdub53 said:

My T7 came with the Rally Raid side luggage racks installed. I tried fitting my Wolfman Expedition bags to each rack, and found they easily mounted up because the Rally Raid racks with their multiple cut-outs, etc., allow for numerous positioning options of each Expedition bag's four attachment loops.

I'm also considering mounting the Expedition bags to Wolfman's B-Base (I've confirmed they'll work), which would make installation and removal of the whole luggage set-up quicker and easier.  

@jdub53 do you by chance have a picture handy of the Wolfman bags mounted to the RR racks?

On 8/14/2021 at 10:02 PM, GreatDistances said:

@jdub53 do you by chance have a picture handy of the Wolfman bags mounted to the RR racks?

Sorry, no. And I've sold the Expedition bags to go a different route, so no picture possible now I'm afraid.