Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How to mount your phone

Jimmyvw

Hi guys, 

I recently ordered my T7 and will arrive in the next 2-3 week but now I'm looking for a way to mount my phone to the accessoires bar instead of  on the steering bar.

The SP-Connect with vibration module and mirror mount is what I was going to buy but now i am not sure I can attach my phone to it since i will have to twist and lock the phone on that mount. Any of you using this mount or have some other smart solution to have your phone mounted on the top bar?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have tried the SP mount in the store and I actually had the quad lock mounted on my bike. Both seemed very sturdy, but I sold my quad lock after reading about so many people having their image stabilization ruined on their phones from the vibration. I’m buying a designated GPS instead.

Edited by JayD

Quadlock vibration dampener has fixed the issue, doesn't happen to all phones.  But a designated GPS is always gonna be a cool thing.  I'm thinking Garmin Zumo XT for mine.  Just a bit of saving up to do.

• Like 1

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

My original review (above) and here is my update (below) after the version 2 was released ... I fit on the top bar - works well and is secure as you'll ever need.

Edited by RIDER GUIDER
additional info

• 2 weeks later...

Rider Guider - nice real world reviews. What is the product that attaches the quadlock to the crossbar?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 4:42 AM, Brewers Whoop said:

Rider Guider - nice real world reviews. What is the product that attaches the quadlock to the crossbar?

Also interested in knowing this. Paging @RIDER GUIDER!

• Like 1

Hi Guys, stand by ... just gonna upload a private linked video to show the mount.

After having tried many different cellphone mounts on my T7, I have ended up with a lightly modified cellphone holder mounted to a lightly modified Rally Raid steering clamp mount. This setup is by far the best I have used, the phone is very securely locked in place, is extremely easy to mount/dismount, and I have not had any issues with vibrations, and as with some other mounts..., the phone has always stayed in place! 🙂 

• Like 1

@Brewers Whoop@TeabagInsurance

Okay chaps I've just put this up as an unlisted video so you can see how it mounts. 

As an alternative check out Nerb1 who has created a cool bracket that makes the cross bar as thick as handlebars and doubles up as an anti-wobble for the dash ... I'll be ordering one of these myself this week as it's solid as and might be better for my GPS when I get one. 

• Thanks 3

Buzzkill1_240x240.jpg?v=1618499163

A must-have for thumpers. Single-cylinder bikes like to vibrate. And that vibration can kill the image-stabilization mechanism in your phone's...

I use the “Juiced Perfect Squeeze “ mount from Hondo. While I don’t use the vibration isolator, it might be an option for you. The phone mount itself is great. Top quality stuff. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sshat said:
Buzzkill1_240x240.jpg?v=1618499163

A must-have for thumpers. Single-cylinder bikes like to vibrate. And that vibration can kill the image-stabilization mechanism in your phone's...

I use the “Juiced Perfect Squeeze “ mount from Hondo. While I don’t use the vibration isolator, it might be an option for you. The phone mount itself is great. Top quality stuff. 

This 'cause' is EXACTLY what I initially thought was the problem for the camera mechanisms too, however I am now reliably informed it's not the case.  The cause is actually frequencies from certain types of motorcycle engines through the frame of the bike.  A type of physical vibration yes but no different if it's a thumper or an inline four.  Regardless of the cause we do need to consider adding some protection.