Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First decent trip

Mapbook

Got the bike last September 6 months old from a chap in south Wales did the grand total of 280 miles before the lock down started in November, bloody frustrating!!

After reading on here about the rear spring being inadequate for luggage camping gear ect I got an 95nm spring fitted, heated grips, engine bars, rear rack, taller screen and winglets and a few other bits.

Last W/E 30 kg of camping gear loaded north bound A1 to High laning camp site in Dent Cumbria cold high winds with rain, the bike pulled effortlessly was stable in high cross winds.

Changing the rear spring  I was advised for normal riding one click from zero on the pre-load increase by four clicks  with luggage I left the front at book settings.

Onto A roads in N Yorkshire in torrential rain riding carefully as the OEM Pirelli's were an unknown quantity they are more than up to the task the bike handled beautifully through big puddles one which knocked my feet off the pegs, the sole purpose of this trip was for a day around the passes in the Lake district camping is cheaper than a hotel the combination of a new bike and not riding for five months made it a long and tiring day the bike is suited to single track roads steep hills and hairpin bends.

Got home to Kent around 4 PM Sunday a grand total of 850 miles with an average of 65 MPG 

Next trip is a ride around Scotland on June 12 for the Royal British Legion any Brit riders fancy a good cause there is still time to enter

Edited by Mapbook
  • Like 5

• Moderators

@Mapbook Sounds like you tested out the water proofness of the bikes electrical connections on that trip. 😉  Pictures, even wet ones, would be appreciated as some of us Yanks probably won't make it to your neck of the woods and would enjoy seeing them. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Unfortunately no pics, but here's a link to the kind of riding you do in the Lake district passes  from about 14 minutes in there are other vlogs as well.

• Like 1