Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Free with orders over $50 - Tenere 700 Maintenance Spec Decals!

Stoltec Moto

• Supporting Vendor

Hot off the presses and just in!  Don't waste time looking for common torque values for routine service again.  

spacer.png

Available for sale, or included with orders over $50 for free.

If you’re anything like us, you probably have a hard time remembering what you ate for breakfast or wore to work today. If you’ve ever been in your garage and reached for your shop manual or smartphone to look up the torque...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

961362084_468x60Stoltec.png.007fa8bc922e0e30cea1cde037ff2aa2.png

stoltecmoto.com | 610.252.7232

The Stoltec Moto Build Thread

Damn. 
Best. Sticker. Ever. 
Too bad shipping to Canada is ridiculously expensive. Just put it in an envelope for a few bucks? $35 US to get this across the border? Tough times, can’t do much about it I suppose. I have a habit of using a paint pen and “decorating “ the bike with torque values where needed. My ultra sensitive and calibrated trail side torque wrench (elbow/wrist) usually fails the true test when I get home and get the proper tool out. 

What's a good spring rate for someone 240 with gear?

I already have a 95nm rear spring I stalled.

3 hours ago, Stoltec Moto said:

Hot off the presses and just in!  Don't waste time looking for common torque values for routine service again.  

spacer.png

Available for sale, or included with orders over $50 for free.

If you’re anything like us, you probably have a hard time remembering what you ate for breakfast or wore to work today. If you’ve ever been in your garage and reached for your shop manual or smartphone to look up the torque...

Awesome sticker! FYI, the oil plug rate was published too high by yamaha and a few of us have stripped out threads. Be sure to just hand tighten, maybe 15 lbs max.

• Supporting Vendor
9 hours ago, sshat said:

Damn. 
Best. Sticker. Ever. 
Too bad shipping to Canada is ridiculously expensive. Just put it in an envelope for a few bucks? $35 US to get this across the border? Tough times, can’t do much about it I suppose. I have a habit of using a paint pen and “decorating “ the bike with torque values where needed. My ultra sensitive and calibrated trail side torque wrench (elbow/wrist) usually fails the true test when I get home and get the proper tool out. 

The website calculator doesn't handle letter type postage, hence the issue.  Send us an email and we can work out the details so you don't need to pay a fortune for shipping across the border.

8 hours ago, jdk2man said:

What's a good spring rate for someone 240 with gear?

I already have a 95nm rear spring I stalled.

Send us an email so we don't clutter up this thread.  Be sure to include a description of your riding style, and a list/weight for the farkles on your bike.

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Awesome sticker! FYI, the oil plug rate was published too high by yamaha and a few of us have stripped out threads. Be sure to just hand tighten, maybe 15 lbs max.

Yamaha has spiced things up in the past.  The FZ-09 rear axle torque comes to mind immediately...

As you can imagine why, we're not going to deviate from Yamaha's published values due to liability issues.  But as always, a healthy dose of common sense goes a long way when wrenching!

961362084_468x60Stoltec.png.007fa8bc922e0e30cea1cde037ff2aa2.png

stoltecmoto.com | 610.252.7232

The Stoltec Moto Build Thread