Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dyno results...Time to brag💪🏻🤣😎

Aleksandar13

Hi all, 

Bike has following mods... Velocity stacks with ram air filter, dominator headers and lextek end can. 

I've bought the pv3 and flashed the bike with a map provided by a friend who owns an mt07, bike run fine a bit raw but made good torque and decent power but part throttle tuning was needed as it was all over the place. The red curve is this map with no alterations and the bike make 73.7hp and 48.3 ftlbs. 

Dave at wood racing took this map and spend 3hours working on the bike and the results are amazing... Smooth power delivery and improvement all over the map but the numbers we have achieved are very good and I am very happy. 

76hp and 49.5 ft lbs. 

Bike pulls hard from 4k and revs all the way up to 9.5k. 

Aleks 

IMG-20210604-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20210604-WA0004.jpeg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, h1seoul said:

those numbers are decent stock!

That's not stock.. The red line is with a map developed by a friend for his mt07... Including headers and exhaust plus the intake mods I have made. 

Aleks 

Just now, Aleksandar13 said:

That's not stock.. The red line is with a map developed by a friend for his mt07... Including headers and exhaust plus the intake mods I have made. 

Aleks 

gotcha.  I read " no alterations " but you used the map on the mt07.  

• Like 1

Just now, h1seoul said:

gotcha.  I read " no alterations " but you used the map on the mt07.  

Yes my bad, I was referring to the map not being altered on the dyno. 

Aleks 

4 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Yes my bad, I was referring to the map not being altered on the dyno. 

Aleks 

make sense now.  ding ding 🙂

Those numbers are a huge improvement Aleks. Stock is something like 63hp on most dynos. I wonder if a reformed airbox like Rottweiler has made for the 790/890 would uncork similar numbers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimeMachine said:

Those numbers are a huge improvement Aleks. Stock is something like 63hp on most dynos. I wonder if a reformed airbox like Rottweiler has made for the 790/890 would uncork similar numbers.

Well, to be honest with you the setup I have could work very well for light off road and street riding as long as you don't cross rivers with just a shield at the bottom... All the power on this bike is from the intake and the headers. But intake makes most of the power to be fair... I've done a bit of research on this and with a help of a friend who has the same setup on an mt07 I've made mine up. 

Very pleased with the gains and how it runs. 

If you need some help and want to talk about the parts let me know. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To put this in to perspective - would you mind sharing with us how much those modification cost alltogether with remap price?

• Like 1

Makes me wonder if the hord power mt07 intake could be be used on the tenere. He did a fair amount of r&d on intake runner size and filters. I think he had a big write up on the fz07 forum. Not sure if @Cruizin would recall? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bartek said:

To put this in to perspective - would you mind sharing with us how much those modification cost alltogether with remap price?

Yes not a problem... Intake hoses 45 degree from ebay £39

Ram Air filter.. Bought 2 for £25 velocity stacks £50

Remap will set you back £300 to £400 depending on tuner. The above doesn't include the exhaust. 

Considering the air filter lid from DNA is £90, for almost the same moneyt you get intake velocity stacks and filter, loose some weight and gain performance.

Torque is very good as well and top end is amazing... Rides very nice but I must say the intake nose is on the loud side if you open the throttle more than 40%.

Hope this helps. 

Aleks 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Canadian-t7 said:

Makes me wonder if the hord power mt07 intake could be be used on the tenere. He did a fair amount of r&d on intake runner size and filters. I think he had a big write up on the fz07 forum. Not sure if @Cruizin would recall? 

I was considering it before I've made the velocity stacks work... The intake I've got is less than half the money and provides similar gains. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Canadian-t7 said:

That’s about what someone got on the MT07 forum with the horsepower intake and some @2 Wheel DynoWorks tuning. In fact I’m pretty sure that @2 Wheel DynoWorks has a horsepower intake tune worked out for the CP-2 engine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 9:58 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Well, to be honest with you the setup I have could work very well for light off road and street riding as long as you don't cross rivers with just a shield at the bottom... All the power on this bike is from the intake and the headers. But intake makes most of the power to be fair... I've done a bit of research on this and with a help of a friend who has the same setup on an mt07 I've made mine up. 

Very pleased with the gains and how it runs. 

If you need some help and want to talk about the parts let me know. 

Aleks 

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this Aleks. I ride mostly dirt / mud / sand so have gone a different direction with a custom intake lid and larger prefilter, specifically to avoid dust, mud, rain and washing water from getting to the filter. I am sorely tempted to try an airbox though...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this Aleks. I ride mostly dirt / mud / sand so have gone a different direction with a custom intake lid and larger prefilter, specifically to avoid dust, mud, rain and washing water from getting to the filter. I am sorely tempted to try an airbox though...

If you go down the route of individual throttle bodies and ram air with a protection underneath for water I think you could gain some nice torque and hp and have an easy filter to change .

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Aleks

• Like 2