Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Global T7 Turn Signals vs US (or North American) Turn Signals

advrallymoto

So it seems that the rest of the world (outside there in the US and maybe the Americas/Canada) got the smaller clear lensed turn signals versus our large orange lensed units.

So I have a few questions...

1) Do the euro clear lensed signals bolt right up and plug in with no issues to our bikes?

2) How much do they cost from Yamaha and are they available for me to purchase here in the states?

3) If they are a direct fit, does anyone have any take off sets (replaced by LEDs or something) that they would be willing to sell me?

4) Or should I stop being a nerd and just get a nice set of LEDs?

I don't mind the idea of bulbs...they seem to be easier to track down bulbs for versus replacing an LED unit if it went bad.  Plus I could always carry spare bulbs.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, REDHORSECA said:

I got these YAMAHA LED turn signals, they're a direct bolt on for US/CAN T700s.

32h2wijl.jpg

Those look pretty nice.  I'll look into them. 👍

I'd still like to know more about the stock, clear signals that come on Euro bikes. 

You could compare the part numbers of the US tail and the EU tail. Maybe they are the same. License bracket of EU Version: BW3-F1685-00

Signal lights of the EU Version:

https://up.picr.de/41364285rh.jpeg

Sometimes they are offered on the eBay classifieds website here in Germany 

https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/yamaha-700-tenere-blinker-neu/1678215579-306-3338?utm_source=copyToPasteboard&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_medium=social&utm_content=app_ios

In my opinion the EU stock signal lights are simple and rugged and they look not bad. No need for LED. 

Edited by bikeever
Updated link
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bikeever said:

You could compare the part numbers of the US tail and the EU tail. Maybe they are the same. License bracket of EU Version: BW3-F1685-00

Signal lights of the EU Version:

https://parts.yamaha-motor.co.jp/ypec_b2c/services/html5/catalogue_fig_pdf_print/

Sometimes they are offered on the eBay classifieds website here in Germany 

https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/yamaha-700-tenere-blinker-neu/1678215579-306-3338?utm_source=copyToPasteboard&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_medium=social&utm_content=app_ios

In my opinion the EU stock signal lights are simple and rugged and they look not bad. No need for LED. 

Yes, I agree, I think they look good also.  I'd buy those from that guy but I don't think it will let me being in the US.

I'm hoping that maybe a European member has some sitting in a box somewhere and will offer them up.

Edited by advrallymoto

Shipping to United States is a bit pricey. 

DHL parcel will be round about 37 Euro. Priority shipping adds 16 Euro

Maybe from GB it will be easier and cheaper? (If you find signal lights over there)

Edited by bikeever
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bikeever said:

Shipping to United States is a bit pricey. 

DHL parcel will be round about 37 Euro. Priority shipping adds 16 Euro

Maybe from GB it will be easier and cheaper? (If you find signal lights over there)

I have good friends in France, Norway, and GB, so maybe I can get some help from them perhaps. 

• Like 1