Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lots of people joining just to get in on group buy

Cruizin

I just got the Seat Concepts comfort seat mounted and did a 600 mile straight thru test ride. The guys at Seat Concepts did what they could for it, but that two piece seat pan kinda kills it. On a longer ride I like to move around all over the seat to change up my knee bend angle etc. Being forced to remain only in the front pocket, or sit on a rear plank is not optimum at all. Where would one find some info on how this special seat will differ from the stock two piece unit? Sure hoping it starts with a single full length seat pan, and does not have a two tiered front seat back seat feel. 

7 minutes ago, Donny Stuart said:

I just got the Seat Concepts comfort seat mounted and did a 600 mile straight thru test ride. The guys at Seat Concepts did what they could for it, but that two piece seat pan kinda kills it. On a longer ride I like to move around all over the seat to change up my knee bend angle etc. Being forced to remain only in the front pocket, or sit on a rear plank is not optimum at all. Where would one find some info on how this special seat will differ from the stock two piece unit? Sure hoping it starts with a single full length seat pan, and does not have a two tiered front seat back seat feel. 

Well yeah, its a one piece seat. They have a giant thread going in their section here on the forum. 

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Not posting or contributing to the forum in any way, coming just to get a discount on seat concepts. 

And most aren't even following simple instructions, n0t sending a pm to @Seat Concepts.   Posting status updates does not send a pm to them, you will not get a discount code. To get the discount code, send a PM to @Seat Concepts .  PM stands for "Personal Message".  Do not post a status update and tag them, that will not work. Send them a personal message.  

Facebook groupers. Facebook has made people stupid. Seriously, as someone who has been managing forums for many years, I have noticed that the average internet abilities of people have declined since the advent of  those generic "Facebook Groups". 

Ok, rant of the day is over. 

I joined recently. I got in on the group buy for a seat.

I don't own a T7 yet.

I don't have a Facebook account. 

You're a little...special.

Edited by joenuclear
Thought
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 4

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Not posting or contributing to the forum in any way, coming just to get a discount on seat concepts. 

And most aren't even following simple instructions, n0t sending a pm to @Seat Concepts.   Posting status updates does not send a pm to them, you will not get a discount code. To get the discount code, send a PM to @Seat Concepts .  PM stands for "Personal Message".  Do not post a status update and tag them, that will not work. Send them a personal message.  

Facebook groupers. Facebook has made people stupid. Seriously, as someone who has been managing forums for many years, I have noticed that the average internet abilities of people have declined since the advent of  those generic "Facebook Groups". 

Ok, rant of the day is over. 

The reason I came to tenere700.net is cause I felt the quality of users would be higher. Better reviews, group rides, bike  builds across the world and close relationships with industry pros (insider info, great discounts etc) . I don't like the overall mass 80% useless posts on other big forums like advrider and fb. There's some good information but hard to sift through with the "what tires work?" "i'm the greatest rider on earth.." posts.

@Cruizin thanks for managing this site and keeping the info organized and useful, there's a reason people come here for their information. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, joenuclear said:

I joined recently. I got in on the group buy for a seat.

I don't own a T7 yet.

I don't have a Facebook account. 

You're a little...special.

Couldn't help but laugh at this... you are exactly who he's talking about. Do you even know who he is? Case and point....

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, JohnnieBoy said:

Couldn't help but laugh at this... you are exactly who he's talking about. Do you even know who he is? Case and point....

Glad you found the humor in my post.

Getting as many participants in the group buy to get the best deal for everyone seems to be the point of a group buy. 

Whether the buyer is new to the forum or even has the bike yet shouldn't matter if it lowers the price for everyone. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, joenuclear said:

Glad you found the humor in my post.

Getting as many participants in the group buy to get the best deal for everyone seems to be the point of a group buy. 

Whether the buyer is new to the forum or even has the bike yet shouldn't matter if it lowers the price for everyone. 

Lol, at least you are posting. 

Special GIF by memecandy

• Thanks 1

Joining to get a discount is cool with me, what I think is ridiculous is when some of those folks start posting and asking all kinds of question covered previously in the thread, but they are too busy to read through and find the answers. If you have time to read on FB about it, then join the forum, you have time to read the whole thread. Then there are the ones that complain about SC not posting enough info and why didn't they make the seam this way or that way-

Ya know what, don't buy it, stop complaining, read the thread. And for god's sake, if you buy a LOW COMFORT seat, they will be dished or have little padding for comfort, that's the only way to make it lower USING A STOCK PAN. Don't complain if you buy a low seat and it ends up not being comfortable after a couple of hours, that's to be expected.

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 2

Maybe to help with the extra posts asking questions about he the group buy SC should update the original post?  Update it with all the info on the seat options, pricing  and how to get in on the group buy.  🤔