Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

front brake rotor dimensions???

devind93

Question

Hi! Super simple question that I haven't found an answer for. Currently waiting to purchase the first  available bike from a local dealer and trying to order a few necessities while I wait impatiently. Trying to order a brake lock for security and need to know the depth and thickness of the front brake rotor contact surface. the 1 5/8" is what I'm worrying about fitting. Thanks in advance to whomever is willing to measure it for me!

Screenshot (41).png

6 answers to this question

Sorry, I just had to share....

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

12 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Sorry, I just had to share....

Oh man. Thanks for the warning! What’s your preferred security method?

Just now, Hibobb said:

I bring along a cable lock and also use it to lock my helmet and jacket, or lock two bikes together. 

If the bad guys really targets your bike there is not a lot you can do. Locks mostly keep the honest people honest.

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

12 hours ago, devind93 said:

Oh man. Thanks for the warning! What’s your preferred security method?

Shotgun works best.  An empty holster on the bike when you're in the bar or eatery.  The would be thief may think your packing and avoid the confrontation.  You could paint your bike a real bright pink and even leave the key in it as no one is going to steel anything so ugly.  

I think a brake lever lock might be a good solution as opposed the the disc lock.

3 hours ago, Landshark said:

Shotgun works best.  An empty holster on the bike when you're in the bar or eatery.  The would be thief may think your packing and avoid the confrontation.  You could paint your bike a real bright pink and even leave the key in it as no one is going to steel anything so ugly.  

I think a brake lever lock might be a good solution as opposed the the disc lock.

Definitely ideas I hadn’t thought about. Though, my main thought about the lock I was looking at is that it is Bluetooth disabled and calibrated with an alarm. So less to keep people from rolling my bike off and more as an alarm if anybody touches or bumps the bike. It can be set to go off in 1 second to prevent me getting to the point of riding off without removing it and disabled by Bluetooth. 

• Like 1

Consider this before you smash, delete or bypass this thing. Already been duped by my own trick  a few times, but at least it doesn’t break anything.