Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First big trip on my Tenere- impressions:

kyle01

Great example of why I’ll be keeping the stock low fender (even though it’s front brake lines must go)

Yeah, in the wet stuff you definitely collect some spray from the front tire.  I know guys run a little fender extension- not sure if that helps.  If it bugged me I’d give it a shot.  If I didn’t hate the look of a low fender I’d just run it.  But I hate it.  

1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

Great example of why I’ll be keeping the stock low fender (even though it’s front brake lines must go)

I started with a short fender like that and changed to a motocross fender that is longer and the problem of spray from the front wheel pretty much went away.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

What fender are you running?  I like that they are easy and cheap to swap if you want to experiment.  I’ve got a spare beta fender that’s longer and would fit no issue but it’s white.  

From the Camel website:

Acerbis 2006-09 YZ/WR is a great choice if you're looking for a full-size fender. White (2040510002), Black (2040510001), Blue (2040510003

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Agreed, high fender looks better. But low one works better. Rad & engine see less mess too....function over fashion for me.

• Like 3