Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Help finding a 10 Liter really strong crash bar bag

ADVUSA

I have the Givi lower crash bars and have smaller Wolfman (modified) tank bags attached.

I'm trying to locate really strong (can't find balistic nylon) 10 Liter bags that I can attach to the front crash bars to hold

3 packs full of tools, air compressor and small heavy metal winch for extraction.

Any ideas for a strong 10 Liter capable of holding this weight?

The only bag I came up with is the Kreiga OS 10 (liter) , however I'm wondering if the bag is strong enough to hold the bunch of tools and 9 LB winch.

Thanks

You sure that’s a good idea to have hard metal things strapped to crash bars? I’d imagine one tip over and you’ll break the plastic fairing.  

• Haha 1

I have US 5s strapped to my AS crashbars.

I hols my tools in one, pump and tube, etc in the other. They are pretty heavy and the 5s hold up fine. 

3 hours ago, mpatch said:

You sure that’s a good idea to have hard metal things strapped to crash bars? I’d imagine one tip over and you’ll break the plastic fairing.  

I store my tools in those "bankers bags" which keep them tight and protect the storage bags.

Probably the bulk of the tools will be ok and just slam the crash bar and not the plastic - quite possibly.

2 hours ago, jdk2man said:

I have US 5s strapped to my AS crashbars.

I hols my tools in one, pump and tube, etc in the other. They are pretty heavy and the 5s hold up fine. 

Thanks for that, I suspect the bags would hold up ok as long as I strap them really good and maybe put rubber in between the bag and crash bar.

I use hose clamps to secure the straps more and cover up the clamps good.

I wonder if a Kriega OS 10 would be safe for tools - I suspect so.

Anyone have any other bag ideas?

I found an option,  Givi T513 crash bar bags!  I was going to "double stack" these on top of my Wolfman tank panniers (converted to my now crash bar bags) however the fitment together just would not work from a usability perspective.

I just loaded my tools, air compressor, extractor (winch kit), and a couple other bits and

bam!  It all fits in the Givi T513 bags. So I'll pull the smaller (converted) wolfmans and mount the Givi's.

Note: These show sold out so pick these up if your interested...I suspect they're being discontinued.

Edited by ADVUSA

Another option for a good crash bar bag...

GIVI GRT722 Cargo water resistant bag, 8 ltr Designed by GIVI for off-road Enduro motorcycles, it can be mounted on the Maxi Enduro motor protector as additional load, or on the saddle and carrier. It can be mounted...

• 2 weeks later...

I bought these ones at $20 a piece on Amazon and then coated them in polyurethane. This helps to waterproof and toughen the fabric. Im also hoping it’ll add some UV protection since the Arizona sun fades everything. I really like the simple look of them. I used the larger size of these for saddlebags on my drz and they’re super durable. I can load them each with 60Lbs (not that I’d ever need that much) and the straps/seams hold. The back straps are detachable with clips that make them easy to attach to crash bars (I’ll probably add rok straps)  I don’t have the tenere in yet but once it’s here these bags are going straight on my crash bars. SIDE NOTE: these bags don’t have the ability to be 100% waterproof with the way the top was designed. For my purpose they work very well. 

21C2AACE-EF65-4866-B8A3-17E57F848F55.png

Edited by Cornflake

• 3 months later...

I use Enduristan 6.5L base packs for my OEM crash bars.  Sturdy.  Good fit.  Waterproof.  Just don't put anything breakable inside them.  My mini-compressor was toast after a tip-over.  

I use Kriega OS bags on my crash bars. You can throw whatever you want at those, they'll last - no question.