Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rear rack.

Chrisw

Anyone have suggestions re a smallish rear rack set up ? Was going to go for the Donner Tech one but they've told me they don't sell to the UK.

Not looking for cases or soft panniers just grab handles and small rear rack set up ?

Cheers

Edited by Chrisw
Irrelevant content

The small Rally Raid rear rack was on my T7 when I bought it. Numerous tiedown points, solid and unobtrusive. I like it. 

20210430_164651.thumb.jpg.ba68d2d354d72f957ba7d6c21e9a4f68.jpg 

• Like 3

Try  Heavy Duties rack is small, and has handles with a fairy price

https://heavyduties.ro/yamaha/tenere700/

• Like 1

Couldn't find simple back rack to fit my needs, so I designed my own. Still in prototype phase, but the basic concept works. Still some fine tuning with 3D-model and overall design, but basic version can be done in few hours, if you have basic tools (hacksaw, file, vice, gas burner, correct size tap for your bolts and a hammer). 20mm (3/4") aluminum pipe and 30mm aluminum bar (1 1/4" bar is ok, 1 1/2" bar doesn't probably fit int the fairing recess). 3D printed parts can also manufactured from aluminium and it will be even sturdier but I was lazy. It's easier to print them from PETG than bend from aluminium 😅 

Only complicated step is annealing process I did to brackets so that bars won't crack while bending them around pipes. Might not be necessary, didn't even try without though. Total cost around 10€/$. Free if you have pipe and bars lying around.  You can also use steel, but it's heavy and frankly a total overkill IMO. Single tube can also be used to support the bike if road side maintenance is needed. Not very pretty, but extremely practical and cheap.

tarakka.thumb.jpeg.789e47850313442ef121372f77e5d41a.jpeg 

Edited by Hobes
Fixed the inches. Working with inches is just as hard for people who are used to metric system than it is to work with metric if you're used to feet and inches :)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jdk2man said:

Look at Adventure Spec. There is not very big.

Adventure Spec.

wWkHMiHl.jpg

khNZqQnl.jpg

EUn2YDul.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

Adventure Spec.

wWkHMiHl.jpg

khNZqQnl.jpg

EUn2YDul.jpg

Do you have any passenger feedback riding with that? Looks like the tubes would function nicely as grab bars if they don't push onto the passenger's legs.

50 minutes ago, TeabagInsurance said:

Do you have any passenger feedback riding with that? Looks like the tubes would function nicely as grab bars if they don't push onto the passenger's legs.

Yes I think the handles would work great as grab handles for a passenger. They work great for me in helping lift in onto the center-stand. I don't think they would interfere with a passenger legs.

Unfortunately my T700 is set up for rider only and I have a top box  mounted  partially  over the rear section of the pillon. Passenger pegs have been removed too.

I attached my Givi top box plate onto the Adventure Spec. mounting plate. Which mounts it further forward than the Givi T700 top box support brackets. I'll have to do some further modifications to move it back a few inches to give me more room when wearing a backpack with the top box mounted.

uLKB5Mbl.jpg

c7I0B5zh.jpg

3OiB3cul.jpg

• Like 1