Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adventure spec side rack compatibility???

Stevoh

So, time for some soft luggage, not a fan of side racks but they seem kinda necessary to save wear and tear on side panels, my question is, has anybody fitted Adventure spec side racks in conjunction with B&B rear rack, it looks doable but was thinking best to ask the question first.

Screenshot_20210611-182749.png

IMG_20210610_203513454.jpg

Hey Stevoh,  I have the AS side racks on my bike .....remember?  Drop over one day and try them on for size mate.

• 1 month later...

FYI Stevoh, I used adv spec racks to mount rackless enduristan (for reason you mentioned about saving side case scratches).  Just posted a ride report that shows it. I used a tusk tail rack to merge different systems (very minor adjustment of 4 extra washers on each side).  Worked well.

• Like 2

Yeah, I have the rally raid top rack and have been contemplating whether I want side racks.  It's my understanding is that because all these systems work off the two mounting points on the side of the bike, the hole spacing should work out for pretty much all of them. It will just be a matter of adding spacers/washers or removing material potentially.  But you should be able to mix and match most any of them (theoretically).

But I have a full graphics kit so I'm not worried about scratches.  I'm not convinced that I need the side racks but once I get my luggage I'll reevaluate.