Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Ranking and badges

Cruizin

The new software update included a new ranking and badges feature. Ranking is based off posts, solving tech questions, stuff like that.

problem is that is doesn’t account for our existing post count so we are ALL ranked as newbies right now, lol.

I’ll mess with the settings today.

Also, the new update broke Invision Power's theme.  So, Light DD and Dark DD are the two theme choices. You can change theme's by scrolling to the bottom of any forum page and clicking on "Theme". 

• Like 5

@Cruizin Couldn't find any generic forum bug related discussion, so I'll just report it here.   

It seems that the new update(?) also broke some CSS on mobile. It might be a browser cache issue. Forcing refresh on mobile chrome, seems to be bit of a hassle without developer tools, but looking at cache settings I doubt that it is that. 

For me the menu doesn't show proper popup when clicking the menu icon. Dialog background pops up but the actual menu content seems to be outside the screen or remains hidden. actually all dialog type functionalities seem to work like this.  Using Chrome version 91.0.4472.101 (Android). Of course this might also be some strange local issue, if I'm the only one reporting this. 

Edited by Hobes

Problems accessing notifications here. Screen darkens and locks up on my tablet.

4 hours ago, Louis said:

Problems accessing notifications here. Screen darkens and locks up on my tablet.

Mine has done the same with an iPad. I just thought it was my iPad acting up.  

Ok, just got off phone with software support and the bug is on their end, came with this weekend's update. They are working on a patch, which they say will be availible today or tomorrow.  I will apply the patch as soon as they make it available.  I appreciate your patience. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so Invision Power software support dept hasn't pushed out a fix for their default theme yet, and we got sick of waiting. So we updated our own Light and Dark themes to work perfectly with the new update.  

Reminder, you can go to bottom of any forum page, ciick theme and change theme from light to dark. 

• Like 2

• Cruizin featured this topic

Change is bad, I fear change!

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

53 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Harley Davidson

I only get my boxer shorts at K-Mart.

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

On 6/13/2021 at 11:42 AM, Cruizin said:

The new software update included a new ranking and badges feature.

• Like 2

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

My screen is black now. how do I get it back to a white background?

@Cruizin

You know at first I kind of resented being classified as a "Newbie" but than I thought about it, and at 67 being called a "Newbie" is kind of refreshing. It has been a long time since anybody looked at me and thought, "Newbie" it is usually more alone the lines of "old" and maybe "decerped."

Although it is always entertaining to smoke some kid and than see the look on there face when you pull the helmet off to reveal a white beard and hair. Or the first time I got pulled over on my sport bike just to have the cop ask if this was my sons bike, LOL.

Perception such a fickle beast.

• Haha 3

@Cruizin

So I take it that the new update will never consider any activities before the update?

2 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

@Cruizin

So I take it that the new update will never consider any activities before the update?

Rookie Question.... (wink)

• Thanks 1

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

1 hour ago, UtahJack said:

@Hibobb

I feel properly rebuffed.

Or do I have a time out coming?

If you behave you will get a gold star

image.jpeg.0ab0e5fa52091ed82c5ff90e31cc03cb.jpeg

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

@Cruizin

We are having fun with this but it is no way a reflection on you. Thanks for running the show and putting up with us buffoons.

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Cruizin unfeatured this topic