Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Frame rust

Spuzvica

Noticed a small brown spot next to the stock frame "plugs", removed it and shocked by the suprise underneath!!

image.thumb.png.6a4d31cbb021c87361cf455e53cc4624.png

The bike is one year old with 10000km, what the hell??? Never ridden in the winter or salty roads...

Edited by Spuzvica
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing.  Something to add to the maintenance and "better check this" list.  Good thing you found this before the rust did major ugly damage.  Clean off the rust and touch it up with paint.  The planet earth is so hard on motorcycles.

6 minutes ago, Landshark said:

Thanks for sharing.  Something to add to the maintenance and "better check this" list.  Good thing you found this before the rust did major ugly damage.  Clean off the rust and touch it up with paint.  The planet earth is so hard on motorcycles.

I have my 10kkm service this week so i'll see what Yamaha has to say about this. This is ridiculously embarrassing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spuzvica said:

This is ridiculously embarrassing

Back in the day, Suzuki had a bad reputation for paint. What I remember it was mostly at the welds. 

I would have thought Yamaha was better than this. I hope the North American Tenere's (Made in Japan) fair better...

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Did you pee in the wind to close to the bike?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

Did you pee in the wind to close to the bike?

Haha, good one. I may have many times actually given lomg offroading days and lots of water consumed. But i wont tell the dealer about that, shhhhhh 🙂

12 minutes ago, Kmysiak said:

I’ve used a afc-50 on my bikes a few times per year and rust is never any issue. Give it a try. 

Yep that is the best way... 😄 

47 minutes ago, Kmysiak said:

I’ve used a afc-50 on my bikes a few times per year and rust is never any issue. Give it a try. 

I've used it before but the damn thing is SO messy i am reluctant to use it again...

Moreover, the fact that is SOOO poorly painted is embarassing. Cars would disintegrate in a month with such paint quality here within the snowy season...