Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tré Ténéré

Boondocker

So I took some liberty with the title since technically the WR250R is not a Ténéré, but it might as well be.

1260959975_TreTnr_6.thumb.jpg.72b8adec7d2b63dbf691464cfc582ac7.jpg

2008 WR250R, 2021 Ténéré 700, 2012 Super Ténéré, all owned since new, over 100,000 miles between them.

1287118734_TreTnr_2.thumb.jpg.555cba99a986fb34c549b0c57db318b1.jpg

Just showing off really.

Sorry for the backyard background but kinda hard to get them all together anywhere else.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, TeabagInsurance said:

Pfft! Look at this guy and his pool!

Yeah, it's 115 F in Las Vegas today. I've been to Kelowna, B.C. and it's a beautiful place! Kinda wish I was there now.

Edited by Boondocker

18 hours ago, Boondocker said:

Yeah, it's 115 F in Las Vegas today. I've been to Kelowna, B.C. and it's a beautiful place! Kinda wish I was there now.

It definitely is. For Canadian winters, it’s honestly not too bad either, but after having ridden most of the west coast US, I’m envious of those who can ride year long. NV is too hot for me though, I’m content with simply visiting 🙂

Real nice trifecta you have there!

Haven't made it to Kelowna yet but I will someday soon, have newly made friends there. I have ridden up to Vancouver, ferried over to Nanaimo, then to Tofino and back down to Victoria. Spent a few days on Pender Island before my ferry ride back to Port Angeles and then on down the Pacific Coast back to San Diego. Super beautiful. 

7 minutes ago, JohnnieBoy said:

Real nice trifecta you have there!

Haven't made it to Kelowna yet but I will someday soon, have newly made friends there. I have ridden up to Vancouver, ferried over to Nanaimo, then to Tofino and back down to Victoria. Spent a few days on Pender Island before my ferry ride back to Port Angeles and then on down the Pacific Coast back to San Diego. Super beautiful. 

There is seemingly endless amounts of great dirt riding around Kelowna. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you come up for some recommendations, or if you want company!

Just now, TeabagInsurance said:

There is seemingly endless amounts of great dirt riding around Kelowna. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you come up for some recommendations, or if you want company!

Will do, thank you for the offer!

Did you end up getting the tank cover?

Sorry Boondocker for hijacking your thread ... Carry on!

3 minutes ago, JohnnieBoy said:

Will do, thank you for the offer!

Did you end up getting the tank cover?

Sorry Boondocker for hijacking your thread ... Carry on!

Nah, I'm probably just going to live with it for the time being. It also turns out my Camel ADV auxiliary fuel tank doesn't fit with my pannier rack and rear rack, so I was going to return that and possibly get a larger primary fuel tank anyway.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Boondocker said:

So I took some liberty with the title since technically the WR250R is not a Ténéré, but it might as well be.

1260959975_TreTnr_6.thumb.jpg.72b8adec7d2b63dbf691464cfc582ac7.jpg

2008 WR250R, 2021 Ténéré 700, 2012 Super Ténéré, all owned since new, over 100,000 miles between them.

1287118734_TreTnr_2.thumb.jpg.555cba99a986fb34c549b0c57db318b1.jpg

Just showing off really.

Sorry for the backyard background but kinda hard to get them all together anywhere else.

You and I have similar taste. I am a tank bag/tail bag kind of guy also... no panniers. it looks like you have the Outback Motertek rear rack on your T7. Same one I chose. It was the only one I liked... also the most expensive, of course. I typically run a large Wolfman dry bag front to rear on longer trips, makeshift backrest. I also chose the minimalist Givi crash bars. Yes, the man has good taste! Other items I chose are the Puig windscreen in light smoke, HBD handguards, Yoshimura tail tidy (w TST led's), Moose Racing footpegs and the Leo Vince LV One Black full exhaust/headers. Very happy with all of these choices.

• Like 1