Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

From California With Love, Respect and Admiration...

SirRidesAlot

Hello to one and all!

After many years away from the saddle, I have returned on this amazing machine, the Ténéré 700! The restrictions that COVID brought to my life had a significant negative impact on my mental and physical well being. The cure? A T7 of course!

Bikes of my past:

• 2004 Honda 599
  • 2006 Honda CBR600 F4i
  • 2006 Honda CBR600 RR

As you can see from the past selections, I have no off-road riding experience, but I'm really looking forward to the boundless explorations that an adventure bike can allow us to achieve. I understand that the bike is only 1 part of the team and that I need to re-train myself and learn the rider skills needed as an adventure rider.

IMG_5852.thumb.jpg.12cc08b5a721243660ca449bc957f2f8.jpg

As a new adventure rider, on this fine tall bike, I expect I'll be dropping her quite frequently once off-road... as such, some protection and a few other add-ons:

• Outback Motortek | Lower & Upper Crash Bars
  • Outback Motortek | Symmetrical | Pannier Racks (with X-brace for a 1 Gallon Rotopax on the inner left pannier rack)
  • Yamaha OEM | Low Seat (lowers 20mm)
  • Quadlock iPhone Mounting System (I'll get a proper GPS when needed)
  • Yamaha OEM | Center Stand (Ordered)

If any of you more experienced riders want to share with me a few hard lessons you've learned which I could benefit from, I would be most grateful. 

Ride On & Explore Safely!

• Like 2

Great choice! Protect your levers with some decent bark busters or similar. The T7 is a user friendly & capable bike to develop off road skills with (until you drop it, then the work starts) Enjoy the new scoot & the learning curves!

• Like 1

Thanks @Hammerhead

Barkbusters are definitely on the list. I need to give my wallet a break for the time being 😉