Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

10th Annual High Sierra XLADV Rally - Sept 2 - 6, 2021 (California, by Mammoth Lakes)

REDHORSECA

743257271_ScreenShot2021-06-28at8_55_55A

10th Annual XLADV High Sierra

IMG_3677.jpg.aa105930a8057d6da9b705c041a

Excited to be planning my tenth annual High Sierra! Sep 2-6 I want this one to be extra special. Any ideas? I’d like to add dinner Thursday and breakfast Friday as well as a prize drawing Thursday and...

Dates:

2021, Sept. 2nd (Thurs) through Sept. 6th (Monday)

Brown's Owens River Campground

6766 Benton Crossing Road

Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

This is an awesome ADV Rally. All types of bikes and skill levels welcome. Great people!

Highly organized and sponsored event. Some Vendors are onsite and raffles worth several thousands of $$.  MotoZ is usually there and they will bring stock of popular tire models and sizes to sell at a big discount. They won't mount it  for you, but there are plenty of riders with the correct tools and experience to help!

They are still working out the catering details. Usually Breakfast and Dinner on certain days are catered. Lunch is usually where ever each riding groups break out for lunch.

They have multiple routes for every type of riders and skill levels. You have the pavement routes and the off-road dual-sport/dirt bikes, big ADV bikes etc. You can get the GPX map routes downloaded onto your GPS or hook up with one of the groups.

Great camp ground with showers and toilets, General convenience store onsite. RV spots also. Most of the ADV riders moto-camp from their tents.

If you are in SOCAL I can provide you with my ADV friend's contacts going up to this Rally. You can travel up with them or hook up with them for the individual rides when you arrive.

Your welcome to join us on our dirt bike/ dual sport/ big ADV SOCAL rides to get warmed up for this Rally.

Unfortunately I will not be attending this year's rally 😞, I'll be in Texas for working during the Labor Day week. COVID restrictions canceled and then reschedule one of the Trade shows I do during this Labor Day.

I will sorely miss this Rally. Always next year for me. My T700 and my moto-camping gear were already all setup for this rally.

Here is my link to 2020 XLADV Rally:

2020 9th Annual High Sierra XL ADV Rally - thread.

DSC03719.jpg.a233f79cf9aa450cac3d230d494

Were on! The campground had been closed due to Mono county orders but are opening most likely June 1 and will definitely be open for us! Register Here Sponsors: GIVI USA Motoz Sena...

Edited by REDHORSECA

• REDHORSECA changed the title to 10th Annual High Sierra XLADV Rally - Sept 2 - 6, 2021 (California, by Mammoth Lakes)
  • 2 months later...

Bump! Rally is a little more than a week from now.

Looks like I may be able to attend again this year. My Business trip to Texas got canceled today! So, I bought my ticket to the event. I just have to clear it from work for vacation time.

Tickets can be purchased here:

p0x8x5pdjeuj8une7ipt.jpg

10th Annual XLADV High Sierra at Brown's Owens River Campground, Thu Sep 2, 2021 - Sun Sep 5, 2021 - (Limit 100 riders) In the heat of summer, experience the cooler temps (6800' elevation) and epic big bike riding in the High...

Includes a camping spot for your tent/Van/Truck/RV (limited spots).

Hot showers, restrooms, and a general store available at the camp site.

• Like 1

USDA Forest Service Temporarily Closing All California National Forests for Public Safety

VALLEJO, Calif., August 30, 2021. To better provide public and firefighter safety due to the ongoing California wildfire crisis, USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region is announcing a temporary closure of all National Forests in California. This closure will be in effect from Aug. 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. through September 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. This order does not affect the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, which is not in the Pacific Southwest Region.

“We do not take this decision lightly but this is the best choice for public safety,” said Regional Forester Jennifer Eberlien. “It is especially hard with the approaching Labor Day weekend, when so many people enjoy our national forests.”

========================================

This is a bummer. But the show must go on!

Campsite is on Private Property.

So, it limits the tracks we can go on, to only the tracks on Private Properties and BLM lands.

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.