Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

LED signals

Canada Matt

Hey there, I'm looking at the Yoshimura tail tidy and LED light kit. I'm a bit worried that the lights are too dim... I want to be seen. What led signals are you running? Thanks 

5 hours ago, Canada Matt said:

Hey there, I'm looking at the Yoshimura tail tidy and LED light kit. I'm a bit worried that the lights are too dim... I want to be seen. What led signals are you running? Thanks 

I initially fitted a set cheap Chinese LED’s, long thin bendy type. Absolute rubbish, virtually invisible whilst on the move.

Now have the genuine Yamaha LED’s and they’re excellent, as they say, buy cheap buy twice.

@DORTx2

Do you have a link for the Yamaha LED's?

I have been having difficulty finding a source here in the US and shipping from overseas prices them out of reach.

I have the yoshimura signal light on front and rear and they are nice bright lights. I wired them to work as running light 49CE7151-1FE6-4F7B-AEBF-01B521052811.thumb.png.02219bcd4f806f9994c5c1e9d71cf717.png

2 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@DORTx2

I have been having difficulty finding a source here in the US and shipping from overseas prices them out of reach.

I found these.  I don't know if they are the ones mentioned above.  They don't look to be very flexible.  I wonder if they would hold up off road or in a drop.

yamaha indicators

I've got yosh turn signal on front and back.  I think they're plenty bright.

4 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@DORTx2

Unfortunately no, I got them shipped from the UK.

• Thanks 1

@DORTx2

Thanks, that has been my problem, by the time I buy a set of four and shipping it comes in around $342 for turn signals. I really like them, but not that much.

Right now I am running some cheap Amazon ones that cost me under $25 for a set of four and they are a three wire set so I still have running lights. Than again they really aren't very bright, my wife is always complaining that she can't see them. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2021 at 6:51 AM, UtahJack said:

@DORTx2

did you ever find how to get these in the US?

@Danedo

No I am sorry to say I never found a source here in the US, I really wish I had and I still refuse to pay what they would cost from overseas.

I am still running some cheap ones I got on Amazon and I am not at all happy with them, so if you ever find a US source please let me know.

Thanks.

i found a clone of yamaha led blinkers ... i'm not sure if they are a good clone and not even if you can find them in the US

s-l400.jpg

Le migliori offerte per Toxx MOTO FRECCE LED ARROW NERO OSCURATO YAMAHA HONDA SUZUKI YAMAHA KTM sono su eBay ✓ Confronta prezzi e caratteristiche di prodotti nuovi e usati ✓ Molti articoli con consegna...

@One Man Trail

Those do look really nice, but we are back to $340 for a set plus tax and shipping.

I like them but the Lord hasn't blessed me with a lottery win, part of that may be my fault for not buying a ticket.

Thanks for the info they are nice.

I've been quite happy with these signals off Aliexpress. I was hesitant to drop big $ on the Yamaha ones so I thought I'd try these first just to see. They feel solid and are bright enough that daytime visibility is not an issue. Downside is they are just two wire so won't function as DRLs or running lights.

They're cheap enough that if you break a set you aren't out $300-$400 like those fancy Yamaha ones. Took about 2 weeks to receive them and I'm in Canada.