Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mosko Moto Reckless 80 Angle Setting

Canuck8

Hi Folks,

After months of having parts sit in boxes I finally got around to putting some farkles on the new ride. Yesterday I was setting up the Reckless 80 kit and was unable to decide between the #1 and #2 angle positions. I'm sure by this point there are numerous T7 riders who have this setup with a much better clue on how it is supposed to fit than I do.  What's the general consensus? Thank you in advance..........this is a wonderful forum that has provided a ton of invaluable information.

Mosko folks......if your are out there and listening maybe you could add a list of bikes and the most "favourable" positions for the setup as a guide for newbies like me. Just an idea.

I just finished installing my Reckless 80. I am personally running with a Tusk tail rack on my T7, so with the kit resting on that, I have mine set to position 3.

The position setting will depend on what part of the bike you are going to be connecting the saddle bag straps to. You are supposed to attach them in a way that the straps are pulling as "straight" as possible. For me, with the kit resting on the Tusk rack, and connecting the straps to the passenger peg struts, that is position 3. If you are just sitting the back on the passenger seat, or just behind it, I would imagine that you might be closer to position 2, but I am not sure.

Edited by Angel Roams

I have mine at position 3. Sitting on and strapped to a Black Dog Cycle Works Helipad

here is a pic of it fully loaded during a 10 day camping trip

37F0DC8F-F27F-48C7-A819-15A55F67E890.thumb.jpeg.a068bed8a9b78d0dbb710fdbfdd74eff.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for your responses folks. The position #2 makes sense then as I had the mosko harness positioned just in front of my Tusk rack on the passenger seat..........if you slide harness back further onto the rack itself the angle would increase and the #3 would be the go to as you guys/gals have indicated............Cheers.

Same here. Pos.3.

At the back I have a RallyRaid rack for attaching the rear straps. I put the Moskoos just as far to the back as possible.

To 'stay in line' with the rearfender and exhaust I think pos.3 would suit best.

20210619_134457.jpg

• Like 2

I’m position 2 but after the above post of rob I’m maybe reconsidering 😅

added a small “mod” to make the bags more stable, will post a picture the following days. 

for now, position 2, in the Greek mountains .

E923EC1E-E544-4582-852B-53511E1412D9.jpeg

• Like 1

On the right side I ankered the strap around the frame - wrapped it through an old bicycle tube just to be sure the engine heat and the sharp spots didn’t wear on the strap (see pic). On the left side its ankered to the passenger foot peg mount.

I dont have any racks underneath, its almost like these bags were made for the T7. Will probably have to reinforce up the plastics underneath but so far so good. This is as far forward my bags go without being resteictive and also have good ankering points.

FCC03EA8-ABE6-4A71-B95E-441532E643BE.jpeg

F0A0CB99-CA22-4E11-90DE-64E59F449015.jpeg

Speaking of R80:  has anyone cut their R80's attachment straps significantly?   There's tons of slack on these things when they're attached to pillion peg area etc, and tons of slack on the rear rack attachment area too, now that I think of it.

7 hours ago, GreatDistances said:

Speaking of R80:  has anyone cut their R80's attachment straps significantly?   There's tons of slack on these things when they're attached to pillion peg area etc, and tons of slack on the rear rack attachment area too, now that I think of it.

Why cut it when they provide great strap management?

Because the straps are super duper long, I only need about 10% of their length, and I wouldn’t mind spending less time managing the slack.