Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Electrical Question and pictures of Fuzebolck

Motoadventure

Question

Electrical Stuff Fitted a Fuzeblock to the T7  as the Denali power hub 2, I removed  it from my GS fell apart after 3 trips round Europe in 18 months. I purchased last week and it look a lot better than the Denali.

I can now wire the heated grips sat-nav and other items and hope it lasts a bit longer this time.

Does anyone have any recommended USB plugs? As most I have seen look a bit poor in the quality department   

IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

Edited by Motoadventureman (Mick)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 answers to this question

15 hours ago, cabby said:

What fell apart, your GS or the fuzeblock ? 

Hi the Fuzeblock is new i replaced it for a Denali power-hub 11 this lasted 18 months the soldering gave way on the battery terminals and wire fell off when moving it to the T7. the Denali looks a very poor quality item and is heading for the wheely bin. The Fuzeblock looks a much sturdier construction so I hope it lasts a bit longer. Cheers Mick    

• Premium Member

So these fuzeblocks, do you just connect to battery and then run your accessories to the fuzeblock ? Which I presume will be fused and switched feed ?  

• Premium Member

008C5306-E24A-488C-968B-81A939F0039E.jpeg.c32bbd0d7ada3f77a5d9f65d3bfcdfc2.jpeg

Edited by X Plane
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cabby said:

So these fuzeblocks, do you just connect to battery and then run your accessories to the fuzeblock ? Which I presume will be fused and switched feed ?  

Yes red and black to the battery, yellow to the blue wire in the tail light with a jointer  provided, then wire up your electrics. 

Fuses inside on one side give you power when the engine is running the other side constant power. Red  cable and yellow have also got the inline fuses already fitted to them if you buy the wiring kit. Cheers Mick 

Nice work Mick.  I learned my lesson with this on my KTM 690 with all wires going to the battery.

✌️

Hi ADVUSA following my trip the Fuzeblock worked fantastically. unfortunatly I instlled it above a couple of small fuze boxes so will be moving it under the passenger seat as soon as I have a  bit of spare time.  

Cheers Mick 

• Thanks 1

Hi not necessarily  I did but it’s only 3 wires with a an inline fuse it the red wire. Cheers Mick 

• Like 1

I don't suppose you've got a piccy of the location of the blue switched wire do you? Do you have to take the rear off to get at it?

Edited by Jumpjim