Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Throttle Spring

Dakota

Weird question, but is anyone aware of a way to swap out the throttle spring with one that has less resistance? The Yahama throttle is much beefier than my Bonneville, and I'd love to ease it up a bit. 

I had one of those for a while, but it didn't stick to the throttle very well, but I think I do need to back and glue the grip to the throttle tube. Because I have the Oxford Heated Grips, the grips are much thicker than stock, so the "heaviness" of it is even more noticeable. I also have one of those pinch lock cruise controls, but again, it doesn't hold tight so i've gotta find a better one. 

Pulled the return spring off the carbs on  A ‘79 GS750 before A trip. Figured, Push pull cables what could go wrong.  Nothing did . In a safety conscious world, would not recommend  today.

To lazy now days, just mount gizmos to the handle bars.

Never tried or seen anyone play with the spring weight yet.

Maybe pull it and take it to the hardware store and do some comparison shopping? 

Is the Bonny fly by wire?

Edited by gone2seed

Yeah, my Bonnie is 2014.

Good suggestion to pop over to the hardware store. Thanks. 

• 2 months later...