Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Pol tarres hard enduro

Canadian-t7

Not sure how closely anyone follows Pol,  but he just did a hard enduro on the tenere, only youtube video I could find....so far. There's a clip on Instagram where he's doing some hill climbs with his muffler missing.  (Offroadadventureriders posted it)

There's also this:

And of course the seeker movie:

It's not about a bike, it's about the person riding it. 

But still 🤯

@Hobes he's skilled for sure, but the bike is capable. Think he could do those things on a BMW 850 GS? 🤣

• Haha 1

In this case, I would say 2% bike and 98% rider.

• Like 4

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

@Canadian-t7 Well Toni Bou seems to do similar things with Africa twin which is even heavier and bulkier that 850GS. If Pol doesn't try out beemer on similar conditions we'll never know if these could also be done with GS. 

5 hours ago, Canadian-t7 said:

Not sure how closely anyone follows Pol,  but he just did a hard enduro on the tenere, only youtube video I could find....so far. There's a clip on Instagram where he's doing some hill climbs with his muffler missing.  (Offroadadventureriders posted it)

Pol Tarres confirmed 2nd gear is BASED GEAR. 😆

Also though, did anyone else notice in both videos his Speedometer is disabled? Why is that?

• Like 1

So he gets more money for it when he sells it.

"Low mileage, only driven to church on Sundays...."

• Haha 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

On 6/30/2021 at 2:47 PM, loneranger700 said:

Pol Tarres confirmed 2nd gear is BASED GEAR. 😆

Also though, did anyone else notice in both videos his Speedometer is disabled? Why is that?

Only thing that comes to mind is incase he stalls it, he doesn't need to sit and hold the button to disable it again. I would do the same. In a race where seconds count it matters. 

Edit: also I can confirm not using 1st gear in any situation offroad. Bike takes off really well in 2nd gear and gets a ton more traction. Riding singletrack you can ride from a dead stop to 70km/h without changing gears. Good clutch control is all you need.

Edited by Canadian-t7
Something to add
  • Like 1

I think it's stock. At least in seeker it was. Only thing they did was add bit more oil.

1 hour ago, Hobes said:

I think it's stock. At least in seeker it was. Only thing they did was add bit more oil.

Im pretty sure its new, by bonano (or however it’s spelled)

From an interview about seeker movie:

Javi Echevarría, co-producer of the film, told us that the only thing they did was change the stock tires to Mitas knobbies, while the Tenere’s suspension was prepared by Erik Augé, with more oil in the fork for a stiffer, more stunt-proof ride. During some of the harshest landings you still hear both the front and especially the rear suspension clunk hard on the stops, yet Javi told us that after their week-long shoot the Yamaha “was totally in perfect condition after seven days of crazy riding to the limit.”

My spanish is very bad, but on the "Is possible to do hard enduro..." clip, I think he comments on suspension. If someone speaks spain, we would appreciate translation 😁

Enduro21 actually has made an article about the bike. All stock more or less.

ae9i9502.jpg

Enduro21 catches up with Pol Tarres for more details about his Yamaha Ténéré 700, an adventure bike just as capable on a road trip as it is in an extreme enduro – seriously, he’s going to race it in the...

• Like 1

Pol is a mad mad. So much skills and fit like a bull to handle the bike like that. I love watching him ride. 

He could win it, but choose to do it the hard way, fair play to him. 

Yeah, he posted a couple new videos on Instagram.  He has the full boano 48mm front suspension and an ohlins shock out back.  

I’m not sure I would consider that a “hard enduro” course but he definitely can click some single track. 

On 7/1/2021 at 10:36 PM, Jaume said:

At the very beggining he had only added some oil at the forks.

Today there are a lot of modifications:

Those are not stock forks. I’m guessing they are KYB SSS off a YZ450( single rotor too) the rear shock isn’t stock just looking at the color. I have ridden my T7 off-road o. Trails and his suspension is not stock. No way…

7 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

Esas no son horquillas de valores. Supongo que son KYB SSS de una YZ450 (también de un solo rotor), el amortiguador trasero no es de serie solo mirando el color. Montó mi T7 todoterreno o. Senderos y su suspensión no es de stock. De ninguna manera ...

The suspension travel is 290mm (much more than the stock that is 200). The height of the bike remains the same as the original (+ 5mm).

The rear shock is also new. It's from Ohlins. 30mm longer and more adjustable than the original.

You can also see a single brake at the front.

The engine, clutch and gearbox are stock.

The full exhaust line is brand new.

Also new front fender (similar to stock).

Stock frame (chassis)

Rims are narrower to use enduro tires and mousses.

Edited by Jaume

5 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

Those are not stock forks. I’m guessing they are KYB SSS off a YZ450( single rotor too) the rear shock isn’t stock just looking at the color. I have ridden my T7 off-road o. Trails and his suspension is not stock. No way…

Only single rotor because he’s removed the other one, the caliper mount is clearly visible on the left hand fork.

Canadian-t7 has already mentioned new internals on stock forks and an Ohlins rear shock, again, Ohlins remote preload adjuster can be seen in the picture.

He has the anti lock turned off. He would be resetting that feature every start stop. I did it 5 times yesterday. 🤬

On 6/30/2021 at 11:18 PM, Hobes said:

My spanish is very bad, but on the "Is possible to do hard enduro..." clip, I think he comments on suspension. If someone speaks spain, we would appreciate translation 😁

Hi,

This video is one of the firsts rides of Pol with the T7. Along the video he repeats a lot of times his surprise in the capabilities of the bike.

In minute 26 he says that the suspension is the original one. Theis can be seen when he shows the bike at the end.

Obviously Pol is an absolute exceptional pilot and not represent the people who buys that bike. And neither who wants to ride these kind of trails have in mind buy this bike if not is a mad.

But is grateful to see that the T7 is capable to do things who none of us is going to do never... especially without the needed of invest more money in upgrade the suspension. Best invest this money in fuel to practise a lot and trying to learn from the experts.

pt-t700.jpg

• Like 1

Teneré 700 '20

WR250R '10

On 7/5/2021 at 3:17 AM, Alan M said:

Only single rotor because he’s removed the other one, the caliper mount is clearly visible on the left hand fork.

Canadian-t7 has already mentioned new internals on stock forks and an Ohlins rear shock, again, Ohlins remote preload adjuster can be seen in the picture.

They aren't stock forks anymore. It's boano racing 48mm fork kit. Basically an entirely new front end. And the rear ohlins shock designed by boano. It's a pricey setup.  He had the ecu reprogrammed and some other added tidbits too. His redbull romaniacs announcement is pretty cool too.  

Edited by Canadian-t7
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 3:06 AM, Charles De Mar said:

I heard they were stock in the first T7 video he did. Legend that bloke!

Edited by Matth