Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tank Swap

DanDannyDanDan

Hi all, I'm new to the group, just bought my Tenere and waiting for it to be delivered.

I opted for the blue/black as it was the only colour I didn't have to wait months for.

One part of the colour scheme I least like is the silver/grey/white tank, I think it would look much better with the black tank. I was wondering if anyone has swapped the tank on the blue/black bike before and how it turned out?

On from that, if anyone Scotland/UK based has the white/red colour and fancies swapping tanks at some point, we should talk. I imagine the white/red bikes would look great with the silver tank.

I had the White/US Red T7 and swapped the wheels and tail body with a Blue/Black T7.

I wanted to swap out the tank, but the other forum member wanted to keep white/Black tank.

TLnMy9Q.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, REDHORSECA said:

I had the White/US Red T7 and swapped the wheels and tail body with a Blue/Black T7.

I wanted to swap out the tank, but the other forum member wanted to keep white/Black tank.

TLnMy9Q.jpg

what rack is that? AS?

Engine guard and top bracket are both AS. 

I don’t recommend the top rack for a top box. It may work find for street use with a top box mounted. It was fine for a month on the street. 

By itself and a small bag it will do just fine. 

I did an all day off road ride in rough terrain with a heavily loaded top box.

The AS top bracket is now bent in the rear, and rear part of the rack is now touching the rear body panel.

It was never design to carry that much weight, being made with aluminum. I don’t blame AS.

I was using it beyond their design spec. With a Givi top plate and their smaller GIVI Outback Trekker top box all loaded up with tools, extra layer of clothing, water bottles and Gatorade, snacks. 

this by itself and a small bag is fine. 

wWkHMiH.jpg

not recommended to do this now. 
Vr20U5u.jpg

• Like 2

I wasn't a fan of the blank white tank either. I found a graphic to break it up;

s-l400.jpg

YAMAHA TENERE T7, 700cc - 2018 - 2021 - CUSTOM DESIGNS STICKERS - DACALS FOR YOUR BIKE ! 
YAMAHA TENERE T7, 700cc - 2018 - 2021. The COMPASS DESIGN For your Motorbikes FROND SIDE FEARING. Products...

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

ok I was wondering about that I guess even a rotopax might be to heavy when going off road a lot I think AS should use thicker wall tubing on this rack and it would be just fine