Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is there a hitch carrier rated for 500 lbs for easy peezy toting a T7? Asking for a friend .... ;-)

Gamecock

Is there a hitch carrier rated for 500 lbs for easy peezy toting a T7?

I have a 400 lb aluminum one but not gonna risk it.

NvNick... looking good, the Black Widow 600# should be right as rain.

I have a Versa-haul which I've had my T7 on. It works well but my Expedition receiver sits high and the factory ramp was shorter than the part the bike sits on so I made a longer aluminum loading ramp.

• Thanks 1

Amazon reviews of the Black Widow MCC600 not all that great. Skeered to put my T7 on that one.

Anyone else have a hitch hauler for their T7?

Thanks TENERERIAN - got a pick of it sitting on your Expedition? My F150 is probably as tall or taller than yours.

I have the versahaul.  Hauled the T7 back and forth through the mountains on the back of Tacoma.  Worked well, just need something to correct the inevitable sag.  Airbags or add a leaf.

• Thanks 1

Joe Hauler JH-05 Delux Cam Lock Heavy Duty. Rated for upto 600 lbs

20210320_185410.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, SpankyPineapple said:

I have the versahaul.  Hauled the T7 back and forth through the mountains on the back of Tacoma.  Worked well, just need something to correct the inevitable sag.  Airbags or add a leaf.

I have airbags installed in my Tundra, they work great!

• Like 1

my T7 is on my VersaHaul right NOW - 
headed to Gilroy Motorcycle Center for break in service drop off this afternooon.

every time I load a bike, I wonder how much the back window of the Ford Transit would cost --- 

9 hours ago, cstatman said:

headed to Gilroy Motorcycle Center for break in service drop off this afternooon.

every time I load a bike, I wonder how much the back window of the Ford Transit would cost --- 

My buddy puts his SV1000S on a VersaHual on the back of an Audi Q7 and drives like a maniac.  He basically races the SUV to the track, races the bike at the track and races the car back home! LOL.  I would trust that hauler.. 

• Like 1

Got this one with a 600 lb. capacity off eBay for $210 shipped to the door last fall and it easily carries the T7 without issue. 

Although, it added to the length of my setup...36’ motorhome + megacab + hauler makes for 60’ rig.

8C9462BA-7AD1-4DDC-9ABC-DB15B59CB824.jpeg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, cstatman said:

Difficult to tell from the pic, but throttle side bar-end is ? oh?  .5" from the window
even with a hitch-stabilizer clamp?   the VersaHaul bounces around
It was well used for a few years of Super-Moto racing in NorCal, a trip to Pikes Peak, randomly rescuing downed friends bikes, etc...  its a great carrier,  the low-roof Transit doesnt fit "bigger" bikes.....

ya can tell I've  "over-strapped" the bike - to reduce flippy flopping around.
But I live in San Jose, CA - where potholes and road conditions are similar to some awesome jeep trails i've ridden in Baja.

At some point in the drive to the dealer?  I just say "what happens - happens"
I prefer to ride - not haul.

IMG_1309.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 9:58 AM, CA-T7 said:

Is it difficult to get a heavier bike like a T7 on a hitch carrier by yourself?

Ideally load near a curb so you can have less ramp angle. Otherwise, just get a few steps of momentum and it shouldn’t be a problem. 

• 5 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 7:27 AM, cstatman said:

Difficult to tell from the pic, but throttle side bar-end is ? oh?  .5" from the window
even with a hitch-stabilizer clamp?   the VersaHaul bounces around
It was well used for a few years of Super-Moto racing in NorCal, a trip to Pikes Peak, randomly rescuing downed friends bikes, etc...  its a great carrier,  the low-roof Transit doesnt fit "bigger" bikes.....

ya can tell I've  "over-strapped" the bike - to reduce flippy flopping around.
But I live in San Jose, CA - where potholes and road conditions are similar to some awesome jeep trails i've ridden in Baja.

At some point in the drive to the dealer?  I just say "what happens - happens"
I prefer to ride - not haul.

IMG_1309.jpeg

This is terrific. I have my hitch. Just waiting on the arrival of the Tenere!