Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Higher footpegs?

AndCL

Hi Guys, recently got my White/red (quick one) T7, loving it so far! Just starting to make the little changes...

Ok, I have short legs, can deal with 1 foot down at a time, no drama, all good... However (as with previous bikes) my knees don't quite match up with the tank shape, has anyone ever heard of HIGHER footpegs instead of just lower ones? Is this a thing?

Random question maybe, but thought I'd ask! Thanks!

To add... 5'8, 29" inseam, factory lowering kit, all fine, suspension settles half an inch and it feels the same as a Tiger 800 so don't anyone worry about it being 'tall', just get used to only flat footing one side at a time!

No to the higher foot pegs

Yes, to the proper color bike...

Maybe try Alpinestar's "Tall" riding boots

black goth boots womens Online

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Let us all take a moment to think about this mans google search history for the next 2 months... 😉😂

Was a genuine question, just realised while floating down a gravel road earlier it was comfier gripping the bike with my knees 20mm higher! Ah well... I'll find something else to buy...!

IMS used to make pegs that were 7/8 in higher. Possibly find old stock on ebay or other shopping venue.

• Like 1

You probably know this if you have changed foot peg height on other bikes, but the rear brake and shift levers will also need to be adjusted to fit. I had to raise my shift lever just to fit boots with a taller toe box. Your request may not be common enough for an existing solution so you may need to consider something like custom foot peg mounting brackets. Know any clever fabricators?

• Like 1

I know certain year YZF/WRF pegs work perfectly on the T7. 

Should be easy to find higher pegs listed for those bikes to fix your problem.

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AndCL said:

Hi Guys, recently got my White/red (quick one) T7, loving it so far! Just starting to make the little changes...

Ok, I have short legs, can deal with 1 foot down at a time, no drama, all good... However (as with previous bikes) my knees don't quite match up with the tank shape, has anyone ever heard of HIGHER footpegs instead of just lower ones? Is this a thing?

Random question maybe, but thought I'd ask! Thanks!

The White/Red ones ARE quick right? Mine is the same color 🤣

Edited by thepointchris
typo
  • Like 1

Thanks guys! I'll have a look around and fire up the cad if all else fails!