Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Heed Engine Bars

Steve Ackerlay

Hi, I recently purchased a 2020 T7 with very low miles and loaded with extras. The problem I have is finding a aftermarket Skid plate that will accommodate the full Heed engine bars that came on the bike. Has anyone on here had the same problem with the same bars and able to offer some advice. Thanks

IMG_20210623_170316.jpg

• Like 1

Try Camel Adv. i know his bash guard is compatible with most crash bars. I have one and it fits fine with my Givi bars.

• Like 2

Cheers JohnnieBoy.............that was easy. Just been on website and you are correct, they're compatible. Thank you 👍👍

Ive got these Heed bars on mine their strong as fook 👍 ,I ordered the SW Motec bash plate without realising it wouldnt fit with the Heed bars....   

20 minutes later with a bit of grinder work and it fit like a glove 😉

• Like 1

Cheers Buddy...........that was my next option. Spoke to a fabricator who said it was very straight forward. Thanks for getting back to me, it's much appreciated. 👍👍

Cheers Disco......... looking into this now. Thanks

Unless you have your heart set on one particular bash guard, why work at modifying? The SW Motech is $305 USD, the ACD is $250 USD and the Camel is $330USD. However, Cory (Camel Adv) states free shipping for US and Canada. Shipping across the pond might bring the bottom line up a little more. I can say this... the Camel Adv bash plate is STOUT, and it works with most all crash bars, no modification necessary. Cory obviously took the r & d time to make sure specifically of this... There is absolutely something to be said for that! 

I decided on Givi crash bars for my T7, because of the smaller footprint they offer compared to all of the other brands. I also like their mounting configuration. The Givi bars were ultimately my only consideration. During the install, I learned that the "inverted" cross bar doesn't play well with my aftermarket headers, I have Leo Vince. Once installed, the crossbar was firmly making contact with the back of both header pipes. I left the crash bars installed (sans crossbar) while I was figuring out my options. First, I wrote Givi an email. I received a fairly quick response, stating that Givi does not cater to other aftermarket bits or kits, at all. They say their aftermarket parts are designed with only the stock bike in mind, in its entirety. So my other options were to remove and sell the Givi's and go after another brand or make a new cross bar. Since I really like the Givi's, I decided to make a new crossbar. I steered away from their inverted design and simply went straight across from attachment point to attachment point - with a small bend in the middle for the sake of the front wheel, should it ever fully compress. I think it would have been fine without the relief but better to be safe than sorry. It tucks up nicely underneath the radiator either way and I get to keep my Givi's. Why didn't they just do this?

So whats my point? It sure is nice when the guys making the parts put some extra consideration into what they're building and how they will work with other parts across the board. Givi certainly didn't, as most others probably won't. Cory did... one more reason he gets my business/$$$.

My .02 cents

• Like 1