Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Red Bull Romaniacs

Alan M

I see Pol Tarres has entered his T7 in RBR bronze class.

One tough MF event on a 100kg enduro bike let alone a T7.

🤞

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Tarres 13th in class out of 197 riders on the time trial,

Event kicks off proper tomorrow but that’s a fantastic start.

• Like 2

is anyone following?   I cannot seem to find news on this.   How's our lad Pol doing?

• Moderators

Pol is in 23 pos. in Bronze. Hard to find thorough coverage on the event though. YouTube seems to be the best bet; Redbull is posting daily videos of raw footage and the channel Enduro DKA also has good content. https://www.redbullromaniacs.com/results/ for standings.

Jarvis is out with a knee injury after leading the first 2 stages. 😢

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• Moderators

Red Bull Day 2 recap at 5:06 gives Pol an honorable mention in the G class. Extremely tough course on a 215 lb 2 stroke,  but a 450lb. T7? Crazy difficult!

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Think Jarvis tore his ACL, think he hit a rut at speed near the finish on day 2. He’s made of steal so they’ll probably just weld him up 😎.

Pol is doing fantastic on the big tractor, even in Bronze class the ascents & descents are mighty. 

His team put out a daily vlog

• Like 2

Spoiler

He must have made it up the BIG hill 😬

C61B03B6-D41E-479B-88E4-C1EA81E60D7E.jpeg

Almost……..

Edited by Alan M
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Don't mind the instagram links, but here is almost 6 minutes of T7 action. 

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

And more here: 

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

• Like 3

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

thanks for the coverage and links!   Super cool

watching Pol on T7?  I'm all "i gotta get mine iin the durt!"  🙂

• Like 1

• Moderators

This site listed Pol as finishing 18th in the Bronze class.  Quite an accomplishment! 

Martin Freinademetz had his day spiced by Bronze rider Pol Tarres (AND) who took him for a game of chase. Yesterday after Paul Bolton followed Pol, who is racing on his Yamaha Tenere 700 bike, he was completely surprised as he was left eating dust on the trails, Martin had to see this for himself and the two of them were in full race-face mode as they tore through the forest. Martin: “this was exhilarating, like in the old race days”. Pol heroically pinned the heavy bike up the steep Gusterita Hill and reached the top chicken run, which was also the highest point for many of the Gold and Silver competitors. He made history by finishing the Bronze class on an adventure twin for the first time. He placed 18th.

https://www.redbullromaniacs.com/information/information-for-mediapress/news/details/news/en-offroad-day-4-wide-open-a-fast-and-furious-grand-finale/

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

For those who haven't seen all 4 days of this, here's a good recap to watch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1