Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Looking for a Narrow Pannier Racks for a high exhaust

Baramon

I'm mounting Huzar high exhaust and was looking to get Lone Rider bags, but first, I need panniers. Are there any narrow panniers on both sides that work with LR bags?

• Like 1

I‘d like to know too …

the narrowest one I found was from RideADV from Australia.

Edited by venok

In Canada/USA this is an option

Soft luggage rack for the Yamaha Tenere 700. Fits 2020 and upYou might need a heat shield on your muffler, depending on what kind of a soft saddlebag you have.Powder-coatedComes with bolt...

I have some of the RideAdv coming from OZ, but it is sitting at the airport since last Monday waiting for a flight to Canada 10 to 15 day delivery.

These are the only units I have found.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Baramon said:

I'm mounting Huzar high exhaust and was looking to get Lone Rider bags, but first, I need panniers. Are there any narrow panniers on both sides that work with LR bags?

Are you looking to use the Quick release or the fixed mounting system of theirs?

Have you checked out the Lone Rider list of compatible racks?

As for low profile racks that would fit, check out the RideADV racks as @Bighopper mentioned.  The Rally Raid racks look like they'd fit with the fixed mount or you'd have to devise your own way to attach the mount plate.

The MotoBags quick release system can be easily adjusted to fit most motorcycle racks on the market. Below there is a list of racks that have been confirmed to fit or not fit. If your luggage racks are not listed or you need advice...

• Like 1

Not sure if it is applicable but it probably is, with regards to the Rally Raid racks. According to the Mosko Moto fitment page, they do not recommend the Rally Raid racks for their BC35 system, only the rackless systems. They indicate some folks have modified the racks to work ,but they are not meant to handle that weight and folks have had trouble. Having the RR racks I would tend to agree, on my Reckless 80 setup  lo o the weight is on the top rack or seat, and not the racks themselves, I can't see them holding up to heavy panniers hanging off of them. If there was a strip over the seat, then I could see them working just fine.

Mike

22 hours ago, Bighopper said:

In Canada/USA this is an option

Soft luggage rack for the Yamaha Tenere 700. Fits 2020 and upYou might need a heat shield on your muffler, depending on what kind of a soft saddlebag you have.Powder-coatedComes with bolt...

I have some of the RideAdv coming from OZ, but it is sitting at the airport since last Monday waiting for a flight to Canada 10 to 15 day delivery.

These are the only units I have found.

As for bags I have a set of Turkana 30L semi-soft panniers I purchased from a supplier in Alberta, Canada. Looking forward to getting them on the racks & seeing how they travel.

https://turkanagear.com/

On 7/19/2021 at 7:25 AM, Goldentaco said:

Are you looking to use the Quick release or the fixed mounting system of theirs?

Have you checked out the Lone Rider list of compatible racks?

As for low profile racks that would fit, check out the RideADV racks as @Bighopper mentioned.  The Rally Raid racks look like they'd fit with the fixed mount or you'd have to devise your own way to attach the mount plate.

The MotoBags quick release system can be easily adjusted to fit most motorcycle racks on the market. Below there is a list of racks that have been confirmed to fit or not fit. If your luggage racks are not listed or you need advice...

QR for sure. RiderADV shipping where I'm would make these golden.

so I have found a local company who hФ a history of good crash bars and panniers for different bikes. I'll post pictures once done.

Edited by Baramon
  • Like 1

I have this issue too. I got some LR gear coming but I don't know any suppliers besides ride ADV. But the very large, big problem with ADV besides it being so damn expensive, is that not only do they not work with Yamaha's OEM top rack, but they also do not work with pillion pegs. 

Right now I am considering buying from Batanga Cases from Russia and cutting them down to be shorter. No idea when that person will get back to me with my order form though..

Edited by loneranger700

In theory, Dirtracks may be coming out with some narrow pannier racks sometime in the foreseeable future.  Check the pics of the racks at the below link for "full crash bars" - the pannier racks are quite narrow in these pics.  These racks are not available for sale yet so who knows.

Full front crash bar to protect your bike.Fits Yamaha Tenere 700  Model years 2020 and upMade from very strong 1-inch steel tubing, powder-coated black hammertone finish.Comes with bolts,...

I got my RideADV racks and tried them. They do t fit right. The one side I can bolt on but only barely the other side is a no go. I can fix them, I’ll need to chop off the foot peg bracket and weld it on in the right place. 

they will also be very difficult to modify with a rear rack that uses the front and back mounts, as only the back of the rideadv asks uses a spacer.

I can attach some pictures if anyone is interested. But, if I bolt the rack up to the subframe, the bracket for the pillion pegs is 1/8 inch too high, and the holes are not in the right place. The right side rack I can muscle into place with a different spacer than it comes with.  The left rack is way off, the pillio bracket is at the wrong heigh and angle. I bolted it up using only the pillion peg bolts and the holes for the subframe are an inch off on the back one, the rack is too low due to the wrong angle.

Not sure if there is some difference with the Australian bikes vs the us ones, but out of the box, they don’t fit right. I’ll get them welded this week and create a thread in tech tips.

Mike

13 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

I got my RideADV racks and tried them. They do t fit right. The one side I can bolt on but only barely the other side is a no go. I can fix them, I’ll need to chop off the foot peg bracket and weld it on in the right place. 

they will also be very difficult to modify with a rear rack that uses the front and back mounts, as only the back of the rideadv asks uses a spacer.

I can attach some pictures if anyone is interested. But, if I bolt the rack up to the subframe, the bracket for the pillion pegs is 1/8 inch too high, and the holes are not in the right place. The right side rack I can muscle into place with a different spacer than it comes with.  The left rack is way off, the pillio bracket is at the wrong heigh and angle. I bolted it up using only the pillion peg bolts and the holes for the subframe are an inch off on the back one, the rack is too low due to the wrong angle.

Not sure if there is some difference with the Australian bikes vs the us ones, but out of the box, they don’t fit right. I’ll get them welded this week and create a thread in tech tips.

Mike

I also have the RideADV racks and wanted them to fit but NO GO.  I am very disappointed in their fitment and although they are nice and slim, it doesn't matter if they can't be installed. At this price point one would expect them to fit from the start!

2 minutes ago, kainic said:

I also have the RideADV racks and wanted them to fit but NO GO.  I am very disappointed in their fitment and although they are nice and slim, it doesn't matter if they can't be installed. At this price point one would expect them to fit from the start!

Yeah, I was disappointed too. No way they will fit with stegz pegz. I am going to cut them and re weld since sending them back will cost a small fortune and I think all I need to do is move the pillion bracket. 

Mike

Got them to fit. I wanted them to work with my sw Motech rack, so I had to cut the front subframe mounts shorter on the rack, as I didn’t realize there are only spacers on the back, I had to cut those down too but at least I asked them for a spare set when I ordered.

I ended up cutting off the pillion bracket, bolting everything up with my steg pegz and then tack welding the brackets back on.

now, they fit perfectly 😀

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MikeCMP said:

Got them to fit. I wanted them to work with my sw Motech rack, so I had to cut the front subframe mounts shorter on the rack, as I didn’t realize there are only spacers on the back, I had to cut those down too but at least I asked them for a spare set when I ordered.

I ended up cutting off the pillion bracket, bolting everything up with my steg pegz and then tack welding the brackets back on.

now, they fit perfectly 😀

Any pictures of what you did? 

Here is the one rack just bolted to the pillion peg mount.  Way way off.389AB1F5-2925-46BC-8C09-2F9108A1C011.thumb.jpeg.9ba3e8d1d9fd91090eea16628c8fb422.jpeg

here I cut the pillion bracket off and mounted everything up

ADC015E0-99C9-449D-923A-1A0CE0EF30A5.thumb.jpeg.8e6e984a99c0c30a8283c18d210a060a.jpeg

here I welded it up. I tacked on the bike finished off.

9EAB9FD3-1CDF-45DC-A95B-39AF16E6D437.thumb.jpeg.e9cb4876fea8f73f6267b25802b3a9f0.jpeg

took it back off cleaned up my welds, and painted. It’s drying right now.

hope that helps. Will post a more in depth description in a different thread and link it.

Mike

Big thanks. I see you have them working with Steg Pegz. Nice job.

Their video makes it look way too easy.  <Deleted stupid comment>

Edited by kainic

I'm thinking there is some difference in the bike but I have no idea, maybe there is a minor spec difference between the aus bikes and the us bikes, I don't know if they are both Japanese made or not. 

I was able to get them to work as is on the right side only. But that was with no steg pegz installed, and no way they would fit, they are pretty thick. 

Mike

21 hours ago, kainic said:

Hi Kainic

To date we haven’t had any problems and was unaware there was any dramas until Mike send me an email and pictures tonight which I have forwarded to the rack builder straightaway. 
The photos that Mike provided shows there was a serious problem with the jig for his bike. 
I am disappointed that you’ve had a problem and am writing things like “buyer beware” when you haven’t even contacted us. 
Obviously there is always differences between bikes and racks with welding a mm or two here and a mm or two there and your 4 mm out. Mike’s was an issue and I wish he had told us before he went about welding them because we would replace them no question. We had also provided Mickp with free spacers when he put the original order in because he was going to modify the racks and we’re always happy to help.
We had a sent ship to the US weeks ago that the paint work was damaged in shipping and we paid for that straight away no questions asked not even any photos.

We are very small operation trust me we don’t do it for a profit we make nothing on the shipping and only just anything on the hand made racks. Ask anyone I speak to we went into the rack business kicking in screaming. That said we take pride in the racks and up until tonight believed we had no problem. 
As a small business owner it would be nice if you approached us and told us what was going on, giving us a chance to do something before you got on the forum and said things like “buyer beware”. Are you a small business owner?

Our racks are super strong well-made and on the whole fit about as well as I would expect a product made on a jig to fit another product made on a jig as a motorcycle frame is. 
So how about you email me show me what’s up explain how you’ve watched the video, done exactly as per the video and it doesn’t work.

Maybe then you can write a post to say they are good racks but you had a problem and RideADV were great and got it sorted, gave me some stickers as well  as said cheers mate from down under 

Greg 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

I'm thinking there is some difference in the bike but I have no idea, maybe there is a minor spec difference between the aus bikes and the us bikes, I don't know if they are both Japanese made or not. 

I was able to get them to work as is on the right side only. But that was with no steg pegz installed, and no way they would fit, they are pretty thick. 

Mike

Thanks Mike, as per our emails Ron has been made aware. That looks weird, never seen the tops out before it’s normally the small Bolts into the pillion mounts Out a little bit because of the long throw to those small bolts.  
Sorry you had that drama and if you’d let us know I would’ve provided you with another set of racks straight up.

Thanks for making us aware I’ll be in touch will send you something from down under

Greg

4 minutes ago, Rideadv said:

Thanks Mike, as per our emails Ron has been made aware. That looks weird, never seen the tops out before it’s normally the small Bolts into the pillion mounts Out a little bit because of the long throw to those small bolts.  
Sorry you had that drama and if you’d let us know I would’ve provided you with another set of racks straight up.

Thanks for making us aware I’ll be in touch will send you something from down under

Greg

Ah, no worries, I got them to work, was a little aggravated but I have the ability to make them work, so I did. I had posted a review but will update as well with your response since I do appreciate you guys are all over it. I just didn't see the point in you guys mailing another set to me at your expense when I could weld them up in an afternoon.

Thanks! 

Mike

2 minutes ago, MikeCMP said:

Ah, no worries, I got them to work, was a little aggravated but I have the ability to make them work, so I did. I had posted a review but will update as well with your response since I do appreciate you guys are all over it. I just didn't see the point in you guys mailing another set to me at your expense when I could weld them up in an afternoon.

Thanks! 

Mike

No worries mate, the only thing I hate more than an unhappy customer is not knowing I have an unhappy customer 

I’ll be in touch 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rideadv said:

Hi Kainic

To date we haven’t had any problems and was unaware there was any dramas until Mike send me an email and pictures tonight which I have forwarded to the rack builder straightaway. 
The photos that Mike provided shows there was a serious problem with the jig for his bike. 
I am disappointed that you’ve had a problem and am writing things like “buyer beware” when you haven’t even contacted us. 
Obviously there is always differences between bikes and racks with welding a mm or two here and a mm or two there and your 4 mm out. Mike’s was an issue and I wish he had told us before he went about welding them because we would replace them no question. We had also provided Mickp with free spacers when he put the original order in because he was going to modify the racks and we’re always happy to help.
We had a sent ship to the US weeks ago that the paint work was damaged in shipping and we paid for that straight away no questions asked not even any photos.

We are very small operation trust me we don’t do it for a profit we make nothing on the shipping and only just anything on the hand made racks. Ask anyone I speak to we went into the rack business kicking in screaming. That said we take pride in the racks and up until tonight believed we had no problem. 
As a small business owner it would be nice if you approached us and told us what was going on, giving us a chance to do something before you got on the forum and said things like “buyer beware”. Are you a small business owner?

Our racks are super strong well-made and on the whole fit about as well as I would expect a product made on a jig to fit another product made on a jig as a motorcycle frame is. 
So how about you email me show me what’s up explain how you’ve watched the video, done exactly as per the video and it doesn’t work.

Maybe then you can write a post to say they are good racks but you had a problem and RideADV were great and got it sorted, gave me some stickers as well  as said cheers mate from down under 

Greg 

Hi Greg,

Your points are all well taken.  I understand your position and I appreciate  your post to correct the situation.  I take back the shitty "buyer beware" comment as it was definitely not called for and you clearly stand by your product.  In the end, I have fitment issues that prevented me to install the racks "out of the box" so to say and my frustration took the best of me. Similar to MikeCMP I have misalignment issues but I am not going to try to break any welds. Definitely don't have the skills for that.  I plan to try and reinstall later this week when off work and will take pictures. 

• Thanks 1

Mate please watch the install video with the crappy too long intro 🤦‍♂️
if need be call me, people call me all the time about anything so being able to help you would be great

They will fit if you follow the vid, I can eve do another explaining better if you want, happy too. 
My 24 hr number +61499089715

Greg