Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Adv Rider in Montana

SilentSno

Hello everyone. I'm Dustin and I live in the great state of Montana. I've had my T7 for a few months now and just finished taking it off on its first big tour ride up the Beartooth Pass and back around the scenic Chief Joseph Highway. I've only added a rear top Givi Luggage for now, so my wife and kids can enjoy a backrest. I'm an experience pavement rider owning a few sport bikes (Ninja 650r & FZ-09), but off road is pretty new to me.

I'm always willing to find and ride with new people, so hit me up if your from the area or passing thru.

Thanks

Pics from the ride yesterday up the Beartooth Pass

PXL_20210717_213614972.jpg

PXL_20210717_180035719.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

@SilentSnoWelcome. We were just in your neighborhood camping off Rock Creek Rd., at the base of the Beartooth Hwy switchbacks.  Beautiful doesn't begin to describe the area, you're fortunate to live there, but a tad bit too cold there in the winter for my old bones. Hopefully the draw fire is out?

Pic is 10' from our campsite.

20210707_090249.jpg

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

1 hour ago, AZJW said:

@SilentSnoWelcome. We were just in your neighborhood camping off Rock Creek Rd., at the base of the Beartooth Hwy switchbacks.  Beautiful doesn't begin to describe the area, you're fortunate to live there, but a tad bit too cold there in the winter for my old bones. Hopefully the draw fire is out?

Pic is 10' from our campsite.

@AZJWGreat spots all around Red Lodge for camping. The Robertson Draw Fire is like 85% contained, but there's more everyday. This heat isn't normal for this long.... And it's not even August yet... 

The pass right above you is a great way to escape the heat and some spectacular views. 

Beartooth-Chief Joseph ride is my pick for best motorcycle road in the US. Done it twice. It’s a long way from NC though! Maybe again next year on my T7!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wncrider said:

Beartooth-Chief Joseph ride is my pick for best motorcycle road in the US. Done it twice. It’s a long way from NC though! Maybe again next year on my T7!

It's a great trip for sure. Hit me up if you're ever this way and I'll ride with ya

Hi Dustin, I rode the Beartooth last year on my Dr650, this year will be with the Tenere!

• Like 1

I’m planning a n doing the bear tooth later this summer. I might make the loop back to Bozeman through cook city and the park. I’m transitioning from dirt only to the dual sport world 

• Like 1

Going thru the park would be great. I think I'm hitting the Big Horns in WY next. I snowmobile up there all the time, but yet to see it during the summer.

Might just do that! I am working on my son to let me trailer both bikes to Denver and pick him up at the airport for a 2 week father-son ride in the west, while the old man can still swing a leg over the bike. I'm retired but he is still a working man!  😁 Time marches on and there are no guarantees in life. Need to get it done!

• Like 2