Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

My 2021 T7

TiagoCar12

• 5 months later...
On 7/19/2021 at 11:23 AM, TiagoCar12 said:

Hi guys,

My name is Tiago i'm from Portugal and purchased a T7 about 1 month ago...

Couldn't be happier!!

I only use mine for riding on the road and it's been my everyday transport...just clocked 3600km in 1 month on the city and on twisty roads!! 

After riding enduro bikes all this years and competing at a high level honestly and don 't get me wrong but for me putting the Tenere in enduro conditions feels like the Titanic with a terrible feeling pretty much everywere..it's possible to make some things in turtle heavy mode..i don't like it!!!

Some flat fire roads would be ok for sure.

I'm a 2 stroke enduro guy, KTM squad lol , currently i own a 2021 KTM TPI 300

Got some interessing some mods in the T7, the best so far was the exhaust, a Black Widow the Hexagonal Brushed 300mm as she really sings/screams now and the latest a quickshifter from Healtech..sweet stuff.

Ecu remap is next so the snorkel remove but only when i finish the design of the new intake lidl with my 3D printer...without the snorkel bike it's noticeable stronger and in low and mid's but there is too much turbulence in the high rpms with the stock lidl..and i run on the pipe often..

Beside that the usual, license plate mod, smaller led turn ligths, crash bars, brake and water pump protections, bigger center for sidestand, big brake pedal part and a usb charger.

It's a beautifull bike, amazing for clocking some serious miles in a very confortable way, she feels very nimble/stable/ligth on the road, and i really like to do twisty stuff with it.....the engine is a superb unit, full of torque and some i would say with some respectable power.

Will make some videos any time soon, exhaust, quickshifter and twisty roads are a great combo!!! ahah

Feel free to check out my youtube channel if you like enduro..

https://www.youtube.com/user/TiagoCar12

Greetings!

unnamed.jpg

Nice channel...

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're loving your T700 so far.

I'm also glad to hear you find it comfortable on the road. This is the part that actually scares me a little, as I see so much videos or hear so much people sharing about how good it is off-road.

Have you had the chance to ride with any passenger by any chance? If so what would be the passenger's feel on beeing a pillon?

Thanks, cheers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PAlex said:

Glad to hear you're loving your T700 so far.

I'm also glad to hear you find it comfortable on the road. This is the part that actually scares me a little, as I see so much videos or hear so much people sharing about how good it is off-road.

Have you had the chance to ride with any passenger by any chance? If so what would be the passenger's feel on beeing a pillon?

Thanks, cheers!

Hi.

The T7 is surely a great bike but like i said before i just do twisty roads and everyday's commutes with her, no off road, i have enduro bikes and it's hard to like a T7 or any big bike for offroad specially if you  have a racing enduro background and ride like i do in enduro.

I can't ride slow on dirt...i'm allergic lol

The off road that people speak it ligth stuff, that you can do easily, i just personally don't even do it on mine.

Meanwhile i changed the tires for a big trip i've made in the summer, installed the Dunlop's TrailSmart Maxx, great all around tires, the added silcence, precison and it works so much better on the twisty roads, specially the confidence that the front one gives.

My seats are the originals but with a confort mod added by a local company, i actually never rode with someone more that 10k on the passenger seat but a friend as one with the same seats and is wife doesn't complain about it.

• Like 2

Thanks for yor feedback, really appreciate you taking the time to detail 🙂

I've checked your youtube channel. I knew enduro was a unique aspect of the motorcycle word, but I must say I didn't know you guys rode so fast on such narrow tracks! I'm very impressed.

Really cool youtube channel:)