Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Anybody replaced stock cam chain tensioner with manual one?

delirium

Question

6 answers to this question

I am going to do that this or next year, but my motivation is different. I am getting annoyed by a ticking/rattling sound coming from the engine at about 4K rpm. The same issue(feature) is described on the FZ-09 forum and some guys manged to get rid of this sound, switching to manual tensioner.
Haven't found any manual CCT for Tenere 700, so I emailed APE guys to ask if they have a plan to develop one. They replied that tensioner for YTFZ09-PRO will work. Yeah... same engine.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 11:41 PM, DanielK said:

I am going to do that this or next year, but my motivation is different. I am getting annoyed by a ticking/rattling sound coming from the engine at about 4K rpm. The same issue(feature) is described on the FZ-09 forum and some guys manged to get rid of this sound, switching to manual tensioner.
Haven't found any manual CCT for Tenere 700, so I emailed APE guys to ask if they have a plan to develop one. They replied that tensioner for YTFZ09-PRO will work. Yeah... same engine.

what you mean same engine 🙂     but probably that part can be the same,   BTW many failure of CCT on FZ09

Wondering if manual tensioner is absolutely bullet proof?

Edited by delirium

On 8/9/2021 at 11:41 PM, DanielK said:

News? i hear the ticking sound too in my T7, and I wonder if you solved that changing the tensioner

On 09/08/2021 at 22:41, DanielK said:

Vou fazer isso neste ou no próximo ano, mas minha motivação é diferente. Estou ficando irritado com um som de tique-taque vindo do motor a cerca de 4K rpm. O mesmo problema (recurso) é descrito no fórum FZ-09 e alguns caras conseguiram se livrar desse som, mudando para o tensor manual.
Não encontrei nenhum manual CCT para Tenere 700, então enviei um e-mail para o pessoal da APE perguntando se eles têm um plano para desenvolver um. Eles responderam que o tensor do YTFZ09-PRO funcionará. Sim... mesmo motor.

Olá, chegou a trocar o tensor da corrente? Notou diferença?

Did on mine 18 months ago, zero issues.

If you install it correctly there wont be a problem. I went this rout in the quest of making this engine quieter. It didnt helped but its more reliable than a ratchet style tensioner like the oem one. 
I do this on every 4t bike i own.

Edited by Interceptor

On 25/12/2023 at 18:47, Interceptor said:

Fiz no meu há 18 meses, zero problemas.

Se você instalar corretamente não haverá problema. Eu segui essa rota na busca de tornar esse motor mais silencioso. Não ajudou, mas é mais confiável do que um tensor tipo catraca como o original. 
Eu faço isso em todas as bicicletas 4t que possuo.

A minha faz um barulho chato, entre as 3500rpm e as 5000rpm tipo um Tek Tek Tek, penso que com o tensor manual, esse barulho vai desaparecer quase por completo