Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What would you put a CP2 engine in? <solved>

luke2152

Edit - see pic below, took me a while but I'm a man of action not words. See if you can work out what it is.

Well I've got a MT07 engine in my Tenere at the moment. Have a look in my post in the engine and powertrain section if you're wondering why. I'll be getting my original engine rebuilt and put back in soon. So what to do with this spare CP2 engine.

First thought was a go kart/off road go kart but there isn't really anywhere to run those around here.

Next thought was to repower another bike. Preferably something exotic, unreliable and with fancy running gear that I could find cheaply with a buggered engine. All the better if that marque hated the idea of a Japanese hybrid.

Anything spring to mind or any other wild but realistic suggestions?

IMG_20230609_183933_952.jpg

Edited by luke2152
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Liquidape said:

A KTM 790? 😝

Oh! That was my first thought when I test rode a 790. Too much complexity and needs a simple engine in that awesome chassis. Sorry to say they are still under warranty and wont be cheap.

You can drop it in a Struck Mini dozer. Good upgrade form a 20hp Honda

BB695EC2-F9E1-4CCE-834F-BE31A4F1E193.jpeg

• Like 1

Build a 3 wheeler of some sort.  That going to be expensive.  Maybe one of those long bikes for hill climb competition.  Or a flat track race bike.  

• 1 month later...

Asphalt track bike!  Some people, like a friend of mine cant seem to get along with the 15K RPM of an R6 or the like. That CP2 would be cool in an R6 chassis

(yes I’m aware of the new R7..)

Otherwise a SXS comes to mind. For the life of me i cant figure out why the “700” CP2 makes more power than the Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec “850” twin. I’d love to have a manual trans Wolverine with the CP2. Not a big CVT fan.  

My choice would be a wr450 bike with a cp2 engine and supermoto wheels ... Max weight fully fueled 124kg.

Aleks

Make a TRX700 by putting it in a TRX850 Frame.

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

I’ve got a 1vj frame which before the 7 came out, I would have liked to put a twin in. I was thinking transalp engine.  Mainly for the motorways. An xt700z 1vj would be stunning. Not sure it would fit though. 🤔🏍

On 9/15/2021 at 11:58 AM, duibhceK said:

Make a TRX700 by putting it in a TRX850 Frame.

...or the Begarda SZR 660 frame?

not interested in lawn mower racing ? IDK if there is an open class, allowing for this type of engine

• luke2152 changed the title to What would you put a CP2 engine in? <solved>