Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Used T7's

Big Red

Hi guys!

Ā 

First of all a big hello as this is my first post! Been stalking the forums for a while now researching everything. I don't actually have a Tenere yet but got my heart set on one as my first bike, doing my Mod 2 test in just over a week šŸ˜ I have ridden off-road in the past but obviously not got my licence yet. The Tenere makes sense to me as a bike as it suits me down to a tee with what I want from a bike and what I want to do with it..

Ā 

Big question now, just been to local dealer to look at them, and he has a used one in stock:

2020 Euro 4, June Reg

Just over 3200miles

10months yamaha warranty left

Akro exhaust

OEM uprated bash plateĀ 

New Excel wheels

Acerbis handguards

New adjustable levers, not sure which ones

OEM headlight protector

Windscreen height adjusters

Rallyraid Garmin mount, with Garmin power supply already fitted

Extra dual USB socket done

Asking about Ā£8500

Ā 

An older guy had it before he said and has done something to his wrist and been advised not to ride anymore so that's why it's gone back to dealer.Ā 

However it's definitely been off-road, bash plate is nicely marked up and lost some powder coating underneath, and why else would you put Excel rims on it? šŸ¤”

Ā 

Had it's 600mile/initial service, due it's first 12 month service but that will be done in that price.

Ā 

So good deal?

Edited by Big Red

That's doesn't seem to be a bad price.Ā  Offer 8000 and see what they do.Ā  It still has warranty on it so that's a good thing and the bike should be in great shape.Ā  Buy it if it's the Red One.šŸ˜

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Landshark said:

That's doesn't seem to be a bad price.Ā  Offer 8000 and see what they do.Ā  It still has warranty on it so that's a good thing and the bike should be in great shape.Ā  Buy it if it's the Red One.šŸ˜

I do want the red one, but unfortunately this is the black version lolĀ 

Ā 

The only thing that seemed odd to me is changing the wheels? And also all the decals are removed. Ill assume that was for the stealth look, but could mean he's chucked it up the road or broken them somehow and then replaced them. They looked pretty tidy do could be either/or šŸ¤”

8 minutes ago, Big Red said:

Ā 

Ā 

The only thing that seemed odd to me is changing the wheels? And also all the decals are removed. Ill assume that was for the stealth look, but could mean he's chucked it up the road or broken them somehow and then replaced them. They looked pretty tidy do could be either/or šŸ¤”

Upgraded rims are awesome and costly. The stock rims are okay, but alot of guys want more tires choices and stronger rims/spokes over stock-Score!

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Red said:

I do want the red one, but unfortunately this is the black version lolĀ 

Ā 

Are the rim widths still the same or is there a narrower rear rim maybe? Also if it has been used off road with very low tyre pressure, stock rimĀ is probablyĀ dented quite quickly... especially the front.Ā 

Ā 

In my opinion T7 should've been fitted with a narrower rear rim to begin with, but I bought mine to mainly for off pavement riding. Unfortunately most of the buyers are not like me so the wider back rim makes a lot of sense if most of the riding is done on the street.Ā 

• Like 1

@Hobes I'm not sure to be honest I didn't check, just assumed it was a narrower one. Think I'm going to look again on Saturday hopefully so will check then.

@Big RedIf it has narrower rim it probably has 140/80-18 tyre or even narrower. Changed rims scream that some one has been really making an decent off road bike for him self.

• Like 1

I bought mine used here in the US. It's also the matte black and the original owner also removed the decals. This one was pristine and I don't think it ever even saw a wet road so the decal removal means nothing. FWIW I think it looks better without them. From what you describe this seems to be a fair price especially considering the wheels which are a definite upgrade from stock. If it's been dumped there should be scratches on the handlebar ends, the lower part of the front fairing just ahead of the seat, and also on the rear fairing. But even if there are some small scratches it really doesn't mean anything. The only difference between black and red is paint. šŸ˜‰

• Like 2

Decide whether you would want the accessories, esp the wheels and Akra exhaust. If not, they have no value to you....it might be worth buying a new Euro 5 bike for not a lot more money. I paid Ā£9200 just recently at a dealer not a million miles from you - let's say in the Yeovil direction!

• Like 1

Try and find White/Red unitĀ - definitely quickerĀ šŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tigerjohn said:

Decide whether you would want the accessories, esp the wheels and Akra exhaust. If not, they have no value to you....it might be worth buying a new Euro 5 bike for not a lot more money. I paid Ā£9200 just recently at a dealer not a million miles from you - let's say in the Yeovil direction!

Ā 

I mean yeah the accessories were of interest to me, things I would eventually have done anyways.

Ā 

Went to have a closer look today in the daylight and decided against it. Looks more like 2 or 3 years old than 1 year old, so much corrosion on it, definitely not worth it when a brand new one is not much more. Think the owner must have stored it outside or something šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

Ā 

Have also seen a killer deal on KTM 790 adventure which I have to admit is tempting šŸ˜¬

Ā 

I do wish there weren't so many options! šŸ¤£

• 2 weeks later...

Unless its Japanese I would not feel comfortable owning a modern bike out of warranty.Ā  The T7 is beautifully simple, easy to work on, looks cool and fun to ride.Ā  I bought mine three months old with 1,800 miles, last December and enjoyed a good saving on its new price.Ā  Yes there is the standard discolouration of the rear spokes, but otherwise it still looks like new.Ā  At this time of year you may not get much of a price saving so the new bike is a good option.Ā  As far as extras go there are so many sources to explore, part of the fun of owning one of these is the time you can spend researching.Ā  The demand for T7 used extras is high so you will have no trouble selling them in the future, enabling you to put the bike back to standard for a sale when the time is right.

Ā 

I also have a BMW R1250RS yet the T7 is the one I choose to take out for fun rides in the evening and on my days off!! šŸ˜€šŸ‘

• Like 2

Decided to give the used bike a miss, on closer inspection there was a ton of corrosion, every fastener, spokes and nipple on the rebuilt wheels, all brake hose ferrules, clutch cable, some minor bits on the frame, just didn't seem worth the supposed 'saving' off a new one. Made me loose confidence in the bike a little bit as ive seen dirt/enduro bikes over a decade old with less corrosion on them and better condition. I hope this bike was just a one off like this, I'm sure maybe just the previous owner didn't look after it and kept it outside or something.

As previously mentioned I found a good deal on a used KTM 790 Adv R so have gone with that instead for now as the dealership was struggling to get stock of the T7's and I'm impatient lolĀ 

• Like 1

Two almost New T7's in the mid-west USA (MN & WI)

Not mine, just posting the ad's for anyone looking...

Yes, they are asking premium prices, but you can offer less.

Ā 

00e0e_eD3VmpOHGs7z_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

Yamaha Tenere 700 w/Touring Package Touring package is not installed. Touring Package = Set of side cases with lock set, side case stays (bracket),main stand, engine guard. Year: 2021 Located in...

Ā 

00o0o_2kmdZTSF0tvz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Brand New Zero miles -2021 License and DNR sticker -Title in Hand- Warranty till 7-22

Ā 

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

As a side note to the above bikes...

I bought mine from a dealer in MN. for $9,700 (out the door, no add on fees).

When I got it home to WI. (Three hour drive) I had to pay the State Taxes, Title, & License (Added $700)

Those costs would be on a used bike also.... That said, these used prices are nuts, unless you want a bike "right now".

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~