Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

OEM Yamaha/GIVI Panniers

ManBearPig

OEM Yamaha by GIVI hard panniers and rack.

I bought my bike in May and got this setup at the same time. I've been on one road trip with them and used them several times around town for running to the grocery store. I'm going to do some more offroad biased trips and getting a soft bag setup instead.

All pieces are as new as you can get for used parts. No damage at all. Maybe a light scuff here or there as the aluminum finish tends to mar easily. Currently includes several stickers from my travels that are guaranteed to get you bonus points in the Starbucks parking lot. 

I paid something ridiculous like $1,400 for this. Plus tax. I'd like to get $1,100 for everything. Which I do realize is a large number for used parts. But these are really more like new take-offs. 

If I can't get that I will just hold onto them until I inevitably change my mind on the direction of this bike again.

Located in Knoxville, TN. I would travel a little bit to meet up but would prefer to avoid shipping. These aren't that heavy but they are bulky and I just dont want to mess with that.

Thanks 

• 3 months later...

Pics?

On 7/29/2021 at 2:18 PM, ManBearPig said:

OEM Yamaha by GIVI hard panniers and rack.

I bought my bike in May and got this setup at the same time. I've been on one road trip with them and used them several times around town for running to the grocery store. I'm going to do some more offroad biased trips and getting a soft bag setup instead.

All pieces are as new as you can get for used parts. No damage at all. Maybe a light scuff here or there as the aluminum finish tends to mar easily. Currently includes several stickers from my travels that are guaranteed to get you bonus points in the Starbucks parking lot. 

I paid something ridiculous like $1,400 for this. Plus tax. I'd like to get $1,100 for everything. Which I do realize is a large number for used parts. But these are really more like new take-offs. 

If I can't get that I will just hold onto them until I inevitably change my mind on the direction of this bike again.

Located in Knoxville, TN. I would travel a little bit to meet up but would prefer to avoid shipping. These aren't that heavy but they are bulky and I just dont want to mess with that.

Thanks 

• Moderators

@AfterIRETire if you put @ManBearPigin your post, he'll be notified of your reply.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

To be honest I forgot I posted these. I took them off some time ago and they’re just sitting on a shelf in my shop. Here’s a few pics when they were still mounted. 

332502F6-27E3-4841-AC5A-AE19B737714B.jpeg

7FFDAE3B-DB0B-48CF-B5FD-DB2826DC958A.jpeg

F4A3A97B-AEBD-4880-93B5-27A8AA2BD475.jpeg

B74B773E-D6E7-431F-877C-A97FC6116017.jpeg

im switching luggage systems as well.  i just wonder how do you do it with the key ?