Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Head light and hi bean issue.

Desetspider

Tapped auxilary light to high meat wires . 

Auxilary light works.  For a bit . Now I have no head light  no high beam.  No auxilary light .

All fuses are good .

Any idea ?

12 hours ago, Desetspider said:

Tapped auxilary light to high meat wires . 

Auxilary light works.  For a bit . Now I have no head light  no high beam.  No auxilary light .

All fuses are good .

Any idea ?

Give us more information  and we can try and help out.  I don't understand what your're trying to convey in your first sentence.  Any pictures of what you have done so far that may cause the issue?

Hi . I connected my similar lights , by tapping on to the high beam wires of the bike, as to have my auxiliary light on one switch ( high beam switch ) 

It worked . But after  few times , on/off .

my head light , including auxiliary light, high beam , and running head light , shot down.  

On the dash board , I Aldo lost the blue logo of the hight beam indicator .

The wires I tapped on to , Have no power coming through .

Check fuses, are all good . 

Not sure how to restore power back .

Bike runs Fine . All other electrical are fine . Indicators, break light Etc .

Thanks in advance .

Is there a circuit board in there that has or could get shorted?  Sounds like something got fried by a low voltage draw.  

Have you disconnected the new lights and put things back to normal to see if it will restore itself?  

I need to learn more about the wiring of this bike.  Mine hasn't given me any trouble, yet...

You should not be putting the extra load of the added lights on the existing high beam circuit.

Your lights should be powered from the battery with a fuse and a relay, or one of the good light controllers that are available.   Using a wire from the high beams circuit as the trigger wire for the relay is fine.  Putting all the load from the new lights into the existing circuit is a very bad idea.  

Hopefully you will find a blown fuse somewhere.  If you have can't find a bad fuse there is a very good chance you cooked something more serious.  

Good luck.

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 2