Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2 690’s, a 701 and a T7

Canzvt

Great story line and thanks for adding extra clarity of your thoughts and ideas.  Your adventure sounded like a good one!  Beautiful country to roan around! Way to get to it!  Cheers 

Thanks for that write up and great pictures.  Now that's an adventure in my mind.  I hope the stitched up friend is OK.  That would hurt.

@Canzvt

id get the camel tank and lose the rotopax, and keep your racks and luggage. How often did you find you needed both of them?

nice report, really cool ride, bike is pretty good on the rough stuff. I have the RR suspension too and it is a bit rougher on the rocks, but otherwise I quite like it.

Mike

6 hours ago, Landshark said:

Thanks for that write up and great pictures.  Now that's an adventure in my mind.  I hope the stitched up friend is OK.  That would hurt.

Thanks for the feedback. The stitched up guy was fine. A couple of Advil's later, and he rode the rest of the day - about 5 hrs. Spent the night coming up with a great story to tell his kids/friends that included a bear, running and climbing trees, and a motorcycle... It was fueled by alcohol!

• Haha 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

3 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

@Canzvt

id get the camel tank and lose the rotopax, and keep your racks and luggage. How often did you find you needed both of them?

nice report, really cool ride, bike is pretty good on the rough stuff. I have the RR suspension too and it is a bit rougher on the rocks, but otherwise I quite like it.

Mike

I don't often need the RotoPax, but like the flexibility. I'm not a fan of the Camel tank. Like Corey's stuff, just not a fan of the tank. I'm not a fan of how wide the bike is for doing single track with the racks and bags I'm running. I'mgoing to switch over to a rackless system like the Reckless 80 or 40 (haven't figured it out yet. Keeps the bike narrower for single track. Then I'll likely switch to a single seat, and a rear rack that I can either use a RotoPax of not. Probably narrow up the bike by a good 6 inches.

5 hours ago, Canzvt said:

I don't often need the RotoPax, but like the flexibility. I'm not a fan of the Camel tank. Like Corey's stuff, just not a fan of the tank. I'm not a fan of how wide the bike is for doing single track with the racks and bags I'm running. I'mgoing to switch over to a rackless system like the Reckless 80 or 40 (haven't figured it out yet. Keeps the bike narrower for single track. Then I'll likely switch to a single seat, and a rear rack that I can either use a RotoPax of not. Probably narrow up the bike by a good 6 inches.

you might like the ride AdV racks. I have them with my mosk bc35s on, I can grab a better picture from the rear but they are strong and sit close to the bike.

They also have mounts for rotopax.

Mike

149020FD-E570-414F-986B-88ACC2AFB3DB.jpeg

6 hours ago, Canzvt said:

I am looking for a rackless system as well if I can find one for a fair price. 

Givi has the GRT721 , but I have not found anyone selling these in Canada yet.  Leaning towards this because I just need the base and can use almost any dry bag with this system.  I have a few drybags currently and cost will be very small to get something working.

Turkana has one in development as well.  Looks like it will hit the market soon.  I will probably wait to see it's price before I pull the trigger on something.  There are some pics of it on their facebook page if you look around.

I like the Mosko moto stuff, but this luggage will only be used a few times a year and I just can't justify that large an investment. 

10 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

you might like the ride AdV racks. I have them with my mosk bc35s on, I can grab a better picture from the rear but they are strong and sit close to the bike.

They also have mounts for rotopax.

Mike

149020FD-E570-414F-986B-88ACC2AFB3DB.jpeg

Thanks for the guidance. I've watched RideADV's videos and like their philosophy. I had a looks at their setup, and I'm still not a fan of a rack type system for MY needs. I'd bet a steak dinner than with the Mosko 40's directly mounted to the bike will save 3-4inches in width. I don't think I need the 80's as I don't motocamp. I motohotel...😀

9 hours ago, williestreet said:

I am looking for a rackless system as well if I can find one for a fair price. 

Givi has the GRT721 , but I have not found anyone selling these in Canada yet.  Leaning towards this because I just need the base and can use almost any dry bag with this system.  I have a few drybags currently and cost will be very small to get something working.

Turkana has one in development as well.  Looks like it will hit the market soon.  I will probably wait to see it's price before I pull the trigger on something.  There are some pics of it on their facebook page if you look around.

I like the Mosko moto stuff, but this luggage will only be used a few times a year and I just can't justify that large an investment. 

I like this Givi system. I did a quick configure on the Givi USA site, and it looks like I could probably get into a complete system (2 x 20L Roll bags, Tool Bag, 30L top roll bag) for probably around $500-550 USD. I haven't had any experience with Givi's soft luggage so don't know the quality or durability. I use their hard bags on a couple of other bike I have, and it seems fine.

Givi Canada doesn't show any of the above, and I can't purchase directly through the US site. I have friends south of the border I can purchase through, but that comes with its own challenges. I'll keep and eye on this stuff for sure. Thanks for the tip!

7 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

Thanks for the guidance. I've watched RideADV's videos and like their philosophy. I had a looks at their setup, and I'm still not a fan of a rack type system for MY needs. I'd bet a steak dinner than with the Mosko 40's directly mounted to the bike will save 3-4inches in width. I don't think I need the 80's as I don't motocamp. I motohotel...😀

Gotcha, I had the reckless 80, and the rally raid racks to help keep them off the bike, I’d have to look but my new setup is prolly wider by a bit

40 would be a good size. I mostly camp, so have to drag a little stuff with me. It’s amazing how much space and weight all that stuff is.

Mike