Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Decal removal.

Erik

Wondering if anyone has removed all the stock decals from their T7 to give it a clean look?

Just did that today. Heat up with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and work it off with your fingernail. Looks so much better.

Please don’t forget that you shouldn’t clean your windscreen with gasoline, though. 😂

Thanks for reply. Took the stickers off with a heat gun and it got me thinking...should I just keep going? Have the black model, blacked out would look good I think. 

• Like 2

Mine was temporarily black, right before installing the graphics kit. Looked cool as hell. Had the windshield blacked out first.

20210611_184747.jpg

20210611_184738.jpg

• Like 3

When they first posted this, I was thinking Butt-Ugly, but I guess it is not really so bad.

Not something I am gonna do, but to each their own....

I do plenty of stuff that causes people to shake their heads.

Edited by Hibobb

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Like the black windshield. Is that something you did yourself or is that a new windshield?

• 11 months later...

Hello Frisco,

Being a guy that removes all possible logos from everything I own (Truck, Camper, Boat, etc.), I love that look.

So...I'm now waiting for my Tenere 700 to arrive. It will be the black one. I'm wondering whether they are all black  underneath the decals? In other words, there were blue ones available that I didn't want, so I'm waiting. If I got the blue, could I simply peel the decals?

Also...I believe you said this was prior to putting on decals. I might have missed it. Did you do that? How did it go? Was it difficult? Are you satisfied?

Thank you.

ZK

@Zebco Kid only the black bikes are all black underneath. The main colors you see are the colors of the plastics under the factory graphics. I installed graphics on my bike to avoid scratched plastics.  In hindsight it was a waste of money for me, as the plastics are brittle and break pretty easy when doing enduro bike things offroad.  Graphics aren't that hard to install, just make sure they are lined up, spray water on the plastics first and using a heat gun will help make the graphics more plyable to install.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 4:02 PM, Canadian-t7 said:

Mine was temporarily black, right before installing the graphics kit. Looked cool as hell. Had the windshield blacked out first.

20210611_184747.jpg

20210611_184738.jpg

Show us what it looks like WITH the new sticker kit. 

Do you think it might be a good idea to buy a replacement decal for any you remove? While I get that some folks like stripped decals, my hunch is that more of us prefer oem look, when buying a used bike. Now, if you keep a bike for many years, this is not so relevant.

• 10 months later...
On 7/24/2022 at 11:54 PM, deanso said:

Looking good, all blacked out. I like it. Somebody found an example of the new 2022 model all blacked out?

Just plugging my one question a year later. Nobody tried this? I mainly hesitant to try it because the '22 model is not matt black, which I really like.

Probably I should just bite the bullit and try it myself 😘.

I've got a black '22.  It's the gloss black with grey decals, called Raven Black I believe.  Those decals have clearcoat sprayed over them, so you'll mess things up if you try to peel them off.

I just put my UpShift decal kit right on top.  It's a great quality kit.

@Endopotential ,

Thx for the heads up, I have the same color and didn't realized those decals are clearcoated. Bummer.

Maybe look for somebody who wants gloss black with grey decals and trade then.

Update:

Just ordered some 3M 2080 matt black wrap.. Will be going that route.

Edited by deanso

• 4 weeks later...