Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

yamaha OEM top box rack with OEM side panniers racks work great

delirium

Because I got on this forum incorrect information as you can mount top box rack or side panniers racks  but not together which is wrong

so I want to show here that these two yamaha OEM racks fit with each other very good. BTW Very sturdy racks, well made and strong.

I carried once in my top box 15 kg vice and no problems. 

20210809_194155.jpg

20210809_194259.jpg

20210809_194325.jpg

20210809_194336.jpg

• Like 1

Yamaha does not recommend the use of Top & Side cases together....

Not to say people do not push the envelope....

See this note, about 2/3's down in this Yamaha Ad (See Product Details)

Not recommended for use in combination with side cases due to increased risk of overloading the motorcycle.

Edited by Hibobb

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

this is just a safety note for huge top box, which always influence handling as on any  bike.

Nothing to do with racks strength. 

• 1 year later...

I read the warning from Yamaha, but this is was made due to a weight issue. I want the top rack for its grab handles and versatility for strapping down soft luggage. I want the side racks for the metal panniers .

• 7 months later...

Delirium, 

Are you still using the combination of the rear rack and the pannier rack?  Did you have to modify it?  Are you worrying about it breaking the subframe?  

22 minutes ago, Jayzonk said:

Delirium, 

Are you still using the combination of the rear rack and the pannier rack?  Did you have to modify it?  Are you worrying about it breaking the subframe?  

I seldom use panniers, mostly side bags. Sometimes topbox if I go shopping but don't see a problem here. Yamaha racks are very solid and heavy.

I wouldn't worry go with full setup.  Examples on youtube it can handle on long travels.

I have both. The side racks are specifically design to work with the top box rack as they have the bracket built in!  If you just fit the rear rack you need to get the separate bracket which comes with the ra k if you buy it separately.  I bought second hand so had to make some.

Yes longer bolts required but they should come in kit. 

Thank you redbikejohn for your help with this as I did think they could be used together.  I think Yamaha's comment on the accessories page just means that they don't want you to load both the OEM rear rack and pannier racks .  They can both be on the bike but they want you to use one or the other so that the total load shouldn't be exceeded. 

Has anyone tried adding the Adventure Spec pannier racks with the oem rear carrier?  I'm only going to use small throw-over soft panniers so I'd prefer to not have the bulk of the OEM pannier rack.  
7 hours ago, Jayzonk said:

Edited by Jayzonk