Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Clock won't keep time.

Mutt

Is any one else having an issue with the clock on the gauges not keeping time. When the bike sits for a couple of days the clock will always be 20 minuets to a half hour off and I have to reset it. Is this a common issue and if it is what's the fix?

Had my bike for 5 months now....never seen this.....the bike even sat in the garage for 1 week (rain)....no issues here !...Good luck !

• Members

My T7 still has not arrived, but this is a common problem on all Yamaha bikes I have owned in the past.  My WR250 would drift 8-9 minutes per day, if not ridden.

I believe there is a time crystal on the circuit board that controls this and may be defective.  If there is any warranty on the bike, this is when it should be used.  I wish I new more about this.  My T7 does not have this trouble.  Yet.

Edited by Landshark

Mine is about 3 minutes off after 6 months...it's a lot for a quartz timekeeper, but nothing comparable with the figures you quote...

• Like 1

Bikes still under warranty so I have spoke with the local dealer and they will reach out to Yamaha to see what needs to be fixed or replaced.

• Like 1

My clock seems fine but my Speedometer, Odometer, Avg MPG all suck!

Baffles me that a bike with a stink'n computer in it can't do simple math.

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

9 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

My clock seems fine but my Speedometer, Odometer, Avg MPG all suck!

Baffles me that a bike with a stink'n computer in it can't do simple math.

nothing to do with math and computer inside but all to do with regulation and design of fuel level sensors. 

Pretty much all bikes are the same or worse then yamaha in this department, especially KTM.

Edited by delirium
  • Like 1

Cheap fix,

I will steal the one off my sister's bicycle.

You can even adjust them to different wheel/tire diameters... WooHoo

I think I will sell this innovative technology to Yamama and buy a real seat!!

Sy Bicycle Speedometer and Odometer Wireless Waterproof Cycle Bike Computer with LCD Display & Multi-Functions by YS (YS-589)

• Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

slow clocks? What’s the pace of life like in you’re town? Seems chilled. I might move in. 😁👍

I’ve found the gauges “fairly “accurate so far.  Recorded 63mpg on last tank but calculated 65.5 when I refuelled. (Cruising to work not off-road). 
hopefully it’ll be a “drive in, quick change of the clocks while u wait with a brew” job for you  👍

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

My clock gained 18 minutes sitting in the garage all winter. And to reset, I had to review this thread. Because my manual says to have ignition key in OFF position, and I'd forgotten it must be ON. 

In fact, it seems all my clocks run faster and faster as the time goes by. My calenders as well 

Edited by ahamay
  • Haha 1