Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Remap options for home made exhaust

PPiA

Question

I've ordered a Black Widow header to modify a bit at the back to make a high exhaust.

I live in Australia and don't have easy access to a good dyno tuner. We had one, but he's gone to somewhere warmer.

I'd prefer not to send the ECU away for a flash tune due to the risk of it getting lost in transit.

Fuel economy is more important than a power increase due to the long distances between fuel stations when outback riding.

I'm leaning toward something I can modify myself and with auto tune, but would like to start with a base map that's close and if there's a cheaper option that would work, I'm all ears.

Any ideas?

Edited by PPiA
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

On 8/26/2021 at 6:05 AM, PPiA said:

I've ordered a Black Widow header to modify a bit at the back to make a high exhaust.

I live in Australia and don't have easy access to a good dyno tuner. We had one, but he's gone to somewhere warmer.

I'd prefer not to send the ECU away for a flash tune due to the risk of it getting lost in transit.

Fuel economy is more important than a power increase due to the long distances between fuel stations when outback riding.

I'm leaning toward something I can modify myself and with auto tune, but would like to start with a base map that's close and if there's a cheaper option that would work, I'm all ears.

Any ideas?

I have no experience with it but I am considering it. Aleks gives them a good write up. Removeable in the field to get back to stock. Editable in the field for fine tuning or major changes (sand vs highway). I have DIY Exhaust and airbox mods so just looking to optimise and hopefully smooth out the throttle jerkiness. 

_p_v_pv3-22-13_power_vision_3_2019-2020_

We’ve raised the bar when it comes to what you should expect from a fuel tuner. Power Vision 3’s easy-to-read, no-nonsense display puts performance at your fingertips, empowering you to choose from our vast library of...

Edited by Wizbang

I had a look at them, but couldn't figure out how it auto trims using the stock narrowband sensor.

Also spoke to 2 Wheel DynoWorks but they lock their map so I can't change anything.

I've sprung for a Woolich Racing system that lets me set everything and then auto tunes that using a wideband sensor.

Not cheap, but they're an Aussie company and been easy to deal with so far.

Edited by PPiA
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, PPiA said:

I had a look at them, but couldn't figure out how it auto trims using the stock narrowband sensor.

Also spoke to 2 Wheel DynoWorks but they lock their map so I can't change anything.

I've sprung for a Woolich Racing system that lets me set everything and then auto tunes that using a wideband sensor.

Not cheap, but they're an Aussie company and been easy to deal with so far.

I look forward to your thoughts and experiences with it once you have had a chance to give it a run or two.

• Like 1